Haarlem, The Netherlands– 26 January 2011– Iceberg Interactive and indie development studio Wax Lyrical Games today announce that Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok (PC) is now Gold and has entered the manufacturing process. The suspense adventure game will hit retail stores across Europe and various other territories, as well as digital download portals, on 18 February 2011.
Press who feel bold enough to start a solitary exploration of a desolate, monumental pleasure dome bursting with mystery and secrets, can now request a digital review code from Iceberg Interactive using the contact details provided below. Full retail product review copies of Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok will become available in mid-February and can also already be requested.
The eccentric architect Baron Wittard has built something really special: a city inside a building. This monumental pleasure dome, called 'The Utopia', features 1000 apartments, a shopping mall, and hundreds of offices and leisure facilities. All under one roof. Its grand opening was supposed to have been two years ago. That event never happened. A chain of mysterious events has now left the Utopia abandoned and silent. People have gone missing. Electromagnetic disturbances are increasing. These happenings all point to Wittard's desolate Utopia. Armed with only a camera and a torch, you must journey there alone to explore its winding corridors, its secret passageways, and its gloomy halls. Local townspeople say Wittard kept a terrible secret. They speak fearfully of someone or something malevolent lurking at his city. They say it is waiting and growing in power. They say time is running out...
What the press is saying
• "Baron Wittard is a remarkably scary and beautiful exploration game." - Gamercast.net
• "Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok holds a decent pace with enough suspense to keep even the most level headed of people on the edge of their seats."– Square-go.com
• "The haunting musical scores and eerie silences all combine to immerse you ... shaping up to be a great game..."– Gaminglives.com
• "...shaping up to be a highly enjoyable and unsettling adventure."– Game-debate.com
• "…plenty of solitary exploration, lots of puzzles, and a bit of Scandinavian mythology to boot."– AdventureGamers.com
Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok features
• Explore the ruins of a decaying building and uncover its terrible secret
• Non-linear gameplay: explore at your own pace
• Experience urban decay in high resolution graphics
• Eerie and mysterious soundtrack with full musical score
• Discover a massive world in First Person Perspective
• Use skill and cunning to search for clues and solve puzzles
For more information, please visit the Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok gamepage ( http://iceberg-interactive.com/games-mainmenu-27/280-baron-wittard.html).
About Wax Lyrical Games
Wax Lyrical Games is an independent game development studio founded by Alan Thorn and Marlies Maalderink. Committed to developing thought-provoking and unusual games, Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok is its first title. For more information, visit www.waxlyricalgames.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a premier videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is staffed with a mix of industry veterans and upcoming young talent, has offices in key locations across Europe and has established relevant partnerships all over the globe, both for digital and retail releases. Hence why Iceberg is a great alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg focuses foremost on PC gaming and is among the market leaders for the following niche genres for PC: simulators, adventure and MMO/action games. For more information visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.