Haarlem, The Netherlands– 14 February 2011– The enthralling, suspenseful secret that adventure gamers have been waiting to delve into, has shipped today to retail stores in time for its launch later this week. Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok (PC) is set for release by Iceberg Interactive into UK, Benelux and Scandinavian territories as well as on worldwide digital download portals on 18 February 2011.
Four crisp screenshots accompany this press release to give a taste of the electrifying adventure that is about to discharge on PCs worldwide. These can also be downloaded at www.iceberg-interactive.com.
The eccentric architect Baron Wittard has built something really special: a city inside a building. This monumental pleasure dome, called 'The Utopia', features 1000 apartments, a shopping mall, and hundreds of offices and leisure facilities. All under one roof. Its grand opening was supposed to have been two years ago. That event never happened. A chain of mysterious events has now left the Utopia abandoned and silent. People have gone missing. Electromagnetic disturbances are increasing. These happenings all point to Wittard's desolate Utopia. Armed with only a camera and a torch, you must journey there alone to explore its winding corridors, its secret passageways, and its gloomy halls. Local townspeople say Wittard kept a terrible secret. They speak fearfully of someone or something malevolent lurking at his city. They say it is waiting and growing in power. They say time is running out...
What the press is saying
• "Baron Wittard is a remarkably scary and beautiful exploration game." - Gamercast.net
• " Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok holds a decent pace with enough suspense to keep even the most level headed of people on the edge of their seats."– Square-go.com
• "The haunting musical scores and eerie silences all combine to immerse you ... shaping up to be a great game..."– Gaminglives.com
• "...shaping up to be a highly enjoyable and unsettling adventure."– Game-debate.com
•“…plenty of solitary exploration, lots of puzzles, and a bit of Scandinavian mythology to boot.”– AdventureGamers.com
Press looking to review Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok are invited to contact Iceberg Interactive using the contact details provided below. Interviews with the masterminds of development studio Wax Lyrical Games are arranged upon request.
Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok features
• Explore the ruins of a decaying building and uncover its terrible secret
• Non-linear gameplay: explore at your own pace
• Experience urban decay in high resolution graphics
• Eerie and mysterious soundtrack with full musical score
• Discover a massive world in First Person Perspective
• Use skill and cunning to search for clues and solve puzzles
For more information, please visit the Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok gamepage ( http://www.iceberg-interactive.com/games-mainmenu-27/280-baron-wittard.html).
About Wax Lyrical Games
Wax Lyrical Games is an independent game development studio founded by Alan Thorn and Marlies Maalderink. Committed to developing thought-provoking and unusual games, Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok is its first title. For more information, visit www.waxlyricalgames.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive ( www.iceberg-interactive.com) is an independent videogame publisher founded by an international group of games industry veterans, that recognises quality games and their audiences. With key offices in the UK, Germany and The Netherlands, Iceberg has both a firm footing in, and a firm eye on, the vibrant European games market. We know where the market is headed and we adapt. We have partners everywhere. Hence why Iceberg is a great destination for PC game developers looking to bring their products to market, bricks and mortar or digital. Iceberg is currently among the market leaders for the following PC game genres: simulators, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games. Don't just play, play it cool!