Haarlem, The Netherlands – 08 March 2013 –An exciting day for videogames developer Zero Sum Games and publisher Iceberg Interactive as they announce that their hugely anticipated 4x space strategy game StarDrive will be launching as a Beta (pre-order & play now) on Steam later today. Throughout the Beta stage, StarDrive will be available with a 15% discount on Steam.
Zero Sum Games CEO Daniel DiCicco says: “ After years of creating this game we are finally ready and hugely excited to be entering the beta stage on Steam. We are hungry for the feedback of the seasoned 4x gamers that have been following development. The game is still evolving and with the help of our fans it will only get better, while at the same time we are confident they will have a blast with StarDrive as it is now!”
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder adds: " After having been in QA testing for over 4 months, we have a polished beta build, ready for the masses of fans who have been waiting patiently for this day. StarDrive will challenge experienced 4x players and let them re-live the golden days of grand space strategy games. This is going to to be a very special occasion, when a guy who had a dream finally unveils his masterpiece, having dedicated so much to see it come to fruition.”
As an appetizer for the beta launch, an official teaser trailer is released today. The trailer illustrates the action and dynamics, giving gamers new insights into the game. The video can be streamed at the Iceberg Youtube channel.
More information about the game can be found on the official StarDrive website: http://www.stardrivegame.com/
StarDrive sets a new benchmark for the ‘4X Space Strategy’ genre. Starting with a single planet and a small number of space-worthy vessels, you must venture forth into the galaxy, conquer new worlds, build new colonies and defend your very existence against those who would take what is yours. How you play is your decision. Use diplomacy or brute force. Trade, spy and research your way to galactic domination. Make friends, or create mortal enemies…
The heart of StarDrive is its ship design and combat engine. StarDrive takes a modular approach to ship design, allowing the player to create custom ships where the composition and placement of ship modules really matters to the performance of a ship. In combat, if your portside armor is taking a beating, then rotate around and show them the starboard side! Hide behind a friendly capital ship’s shields; warp into and out of the fray, launch fighters, lay mines, and so much more.
• Real time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view
• Choose from 8 beautifully rendered alien races or design your own to lead into the stars; interact, negotiate and forge allegiances on your way to victory
• Expand your empire and colonize all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry
• Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial capabilities
• Control your ships with classic real time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
• Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
• Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
• Steal technologies, incite rebellions, or rob your enemies blind with a rich agent-based espionage system
• Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defenses in ground combat
• Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
About Zero Sum Games
Zero Sum Games is based in Portland, Oregon, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. We are an independent studio with a small and dedicated team possessing a broad and diverse set of skills. Our mission is to deliver hardcore PC games to gamers looking for depth and challenge without sacrificing aesthetics. In design and execution, we follow the craftsman’s code: measure twice, cut once. We hope you enjoy our games.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 50+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.
Don’t just play, play it cool.