BRISBANE, Australia - April 24, 2012 - Halfbrick today announced that its biggest free update for Jetpack Joyride, version 1.3, will be available for download this Thursday, April 26. Players can also check out the all-new "X-Ray Specs" trailer showcasing how they can use their shades to see what Barry Steakfries' next ride will be in each vehicle pick-up. No more guessing games dudes!
In addition to the "X-Ray Specs," 15 other game-changing gadgets will also be available for purchase in the Stash, giving more options for players stockpiling those hard-earned coins! With more than 100 potential combinations, players will need to work their way through five sectors in order to unlock every gadget in the game. Players can also mix and match any two gadgets to suit their own game and goals.
The complete list of gadgets include:
Sector 1: Research and Development
- Air Barrys (3,500 Coins) - Leap gracefully over obstacles with these designer sneakers.
- Nerd Repellent (2,000 Coins) - The patent-pending formula is so potent that the whole laboratory had to be abandoned.
- Insta-Ball (2000 Coins) - Bounce off the floor instead of going splat. Great for traveling a few extra meters.
- Gravity Belt (5,000 Coins) - Make the ground come at you a lot faster than usual. Be sure to bend your knees when you land.
- Missile Jammer (5000 Coins) - Replaces the missile guidance program with pictures of kittens downloaded from the internet. Only works if the kittens are particularly cute.
- Token Gift (5000 Coins) - What do you give someone who has everything? A free final spin token, of course!
- Freeze-O-Matic (3,000 Coins) - There's no better way to cool down after a hard run than being snap-frozen in a solid block of ice. It also helps you slide a few extra meters.
- X-Ray Specs (4500 Coins) - This high-tech eye wear is both fashionable and functional. Now you can look inside vehicle pickups and other places you're not supposed to see.
- Gemology (6,500 Coins) - A special Blingification technique that converts coins into high-value Gems. For some reason it only works on coins minted in 1985.
- Ezy-Dodge Missiles (5,500 Coins) - If you're going to play a game of chicken with a missile, make sure it's an Ezy-Dodge!
- Magnetic Tokens (4,500 Coins) - Every token is fitted with a super-strong magnet. They are easier to collect, but will probably wipe your credit card.
- Flying Pig (6000 Coins) - This highly-unstable coin transporter was designed by a scientist with a particular fondness for physical comedy.
- Free Ride (5,000 Coins) - Stop off at the motor pool before smashing through the laboratory wall. Why didn't Barry think of this earlier?
- Coin Magnet (6,000 Coins) - Once you get used to the feeling of being endlessly pelted with coins you will start to wonder how you ever lived without it.
- Lucky Last (5500 Coins) - Your final spin token is forged from fortunium, the world's luckiest element.
Jetpack Joyride is now available for free on the App store for all iOS devices. To download Jetpack Joyride, check out the official iTunes information page at:
For more information about Halfbrick and Jetpack Joyride, please visit: http://www.halfbrick.com.
For press assets, game logo and screenshots, visit:
About Jetpack Joyride
Jetpack Joyride will skyrocket players into the latest adventure featuring the lovable and mischievous hero Barry Steakfries, who captured hearts in previous Halfbrick mobile games, Age of Zombies and Monster Dash. Down on his luck, Barry discovers the ultimate opportunity to turn his boring life into one of adventure, heroics and beach chairs! Inside Legitimate Research filled with jetpacks and mysterious obstacles, he commandeers the fun-fueled technology and literally shoots for the skies on a shower of bullets, rainbows, bubbles and more!
Founded in 2001, Halfbrick has been on the forefront of the Australian game development industry for more than a decade. After years of experience developing licensed titles for platforms such as Game Boy® Advance, Nintendo DS™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), the studio has begun expanding its portfolio with a range of original self-published games for downloadable platforms. In 2010, Halfbrick became one of the most well known independent developers in the world with the success of Fruit Ninja, Monster Dash and Age of Zombies on mobile devices, and other releases such as Raskulls and Fruit Ninja Kinect on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. The studio continues to create fun and unique games and looks to explore new opportunities and technologies in the world of casual games development.