Haarlem, The Netherlands – 27 April 2012 - Today, Independent videogames publisher Iceberg Interactive and game developer Gaijin Entertainment revealed the official pack shot for the PC and Mac-exclusive, extras-ridden limited edition of Blades of Time .
Check out the pack shot for the PC and Mac-exclusive Blades of Time: Limited Edition here.
Adding on to what the regular version entails, the Blades of Time: Limited Edition includes a galore of extras, such as the PC and Mac exclusive Sky Islands map for the Outbreak mode, the Blades of Time Art Book, the Original Soundtrack, the hi-res quality Wallpaper Collection, and the Dismal Swamp DLC that allows you to play the story of the striking heroine Michelle. Accompanied by her mentor Zero and a small squad of Skyguards, she rushes into the Temple of Dragons facing hordes of deadly beasts - the creates of Chaos - in order to complete her desperate mission to prevent the lead protagonist Ayumi from joining the Keeper of Chaos.
Apart from the Blades of Time: Limited Edition pack shot, Iceberg also released the pack shot for the regular PC release of hack-and-slash steam punk action game, which can be found here.
Iceberg will be bringing the PC and Mac retail version of both the exclusive Blades of Time: Limited Edition and the regular box to stores in North-West Europe, Australia/New-Zealand and South Africa on 18 May 2012. Iceberg has announced fully localized versions for Germany and France.
About Blades of Time
Blades of Time is a companion piece to Gaijin’s game, X-Blades, which had its release back in 2007. Play as the gorgeous gun sword-wielding treasure hunter Ayumi as she carves a path of destruction through a mysterious and dangerous island. While rich with bounty, the island is also caught in the throes of Chaos magic. Ayumi soon discovers that it is also the home of thousands of long-held secrets, including special powers and abilities that she can gain for herself. Using everything she can, she must find a way to defeat armies of menacing villains and a multitude of treacherous traps in order to break free of the possessed island’s grasp.
With a host of colorful characters, eye-popping visual appeal, tons of treasure and a huge variety of combat skills to master, Blades of Time will satisfy gamers’ hunger for an entertaining yet deep action game that even gamers new to the hack-and-slash genre will enjoy.
• Richly entertaining characters. From the young yet tough Ayumi to her wise and battle worn mentor Zero and and more, this character-driven story has a unique charm, banter and mystery all its own
• Lushly designed environments. Experience huge and beautifully realized game locations, including snowy lands, jungles, ancients cities, temples and sky islands
• Deep combat system. Unlock 40+ sets of skills, including melee, tactics, combos, as well as the powerful Order and Chaos forms of magic defeat your foes
• Special moves change up gameplay
• Time Rewind allows Ayumi to turn back time and produce a clone of herself to help solve puzzles, tackle hordes of enemies, and more
• All-new Dash ability means Ayumi can close the distance between herself and her enemy prey almost instantly, as well as travel quickly using environmental features
• Robust multiplayer options. Fire up a co-op Campaign or battle in PvP
Limited Edition additional features:
• Dismal Swamp DLC that allows you to complete Ayumi’s challenge playing for the secondary character – Michelle who rushes into the Temple of Dragons to prevent Ayumi from joining Keeper of Chaos when her shuttle suddenly crashes in the middle of Dismal Swamp. Accompanied by her unfailing friend Zero and a small squad of Skyguards, Michelle faces the hordes of deadly beasts – creatures of Chaos. The rescue mission suddenly turns into a desperate struggle for survival...
• Sky Islands map for the Outbreak mode - exclusive for PC/Mac version
• Blades of Time Art Book (PDF)
• Pack of Wallpapers in hi-res quality
• Original Soundtrack (MP3)
About Gaijin Entertainment
Gaijin Entertainment is a fast growing game development company established in 2002. Gaijin team specializes in creation of games for various platforms (Playstation3/Xbox 360/iOS/PC) but it also gives much attention to technology-related research work which provides attraction and applicability to the company's solutions in changeable IT market conditions. At the moment Gaijin team is represented by six departments and over sixty highly qualified employees. The company's projects have received a range of mass media and game industry awards including such KRI Awards as Best simulation game, Best technology, Best sound and many more. Today's Gaijin Entertainment is the biggest independent PS3, Xbox 360 and iOS games developer in Russia and an official partner of Activision, 505 Games, Microsoft, TopWare Interactive, SouthPeak Interactive, Sony Computer Entertainment, 1C Company, Apple and many others.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor , Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space. Read more about the company and its games at http://www.iceberg-interactive.com.
Don't just play, play it cool!