MONTPELLIER, FRANCE - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Swing Swing Submarine announces that Blocks That Matter has been released on Steam for Windows and Mac users. The game's price, less than 5 dollars/euros, is 10% off until August 26,2011. You can download it right now by visiting the game Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/111800/
Featuring two semi-fictional indie developers named Alexey and Markus, Blocks That Matter is a puzzle/platformer in which a tiny driller robot travels underground in order to save its creators kidnapped by someone who wants to steal their work. The robot can drill blocks of matter, collect them one by one, recycle them into new pieces of four and destroy lines in a very "retro-russian" style.
Here is the brand new launch trailer of Blocks That Matter that celebrates the release of the game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekx80MnQug4
Note that Blocks That Matter is also available on Xbox Live Indie Games for 240 MSpoints: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Blocks-That-Matter/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025855085b
The game will also be released on Linux and other download platform in the next weeks.
RANDOM FACTS AND KEY FEATURES
- Contains 40 levels (adventure mode) + 20 bonus levels that can be unlocked by collecting BTMs (special blocks in chests) and stars
- Collect every 40 "Blocks That Matter" and rediscover videogames made of blocks that made or will make History
- Create and share your own puzzles using an easy-to-use level editor
- Steam achievements: 30+ achievements to unlock by playing the game and being creative.
- Steam Cloud: No matter if you play on PC or Mac, at home or outside, your progression will be saved.
“If you like innovative 2D games that challenge you to actually use your noodle ever once in awhile like Braid and Limbo, then you have no excuse.” 5/5 - Armless Octopus
“(...) sometimes you find some gems that are truly worthwhile. Blocks That Matter is one of those.” 18/20 - Jeuxvideo.com
“The game’s secret reason for being, though, is its deference to what came before. This is a block game in love with block games.” 69/100 - Killscreen
ABOUT SWING SWING SUBMARINE
Formed in August 2010, Swing Swing Submarine is an independant game development company created by two young and stupid French guys: Guillaume Martin, programmer, and William David, game designer. They also have the help of two other devs friends: Yann Van Der Cruyssen, composer and sound designer, and Géraud Soulié, talented illustrator.
- Website : http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com
- Contact : William DAVID - +33 (0)18.104.22.168.62 - email@example.com
- Download the game on Steam : http://store.steampowered.com/app/111800/
- Discover and play our other games :
- Tuper Tario Tros. : http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com/games/tuper-tario-tros/
- Greek & Wicked : http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com/games/greek-and-wicked/
- Seasons after Fall (still in dev) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZu74-iHH90