Featuring two semi-fictional indie developers named Alexey and Markus (ring a bell?), Blocks That Matter is a puzzle/platformer in which a tiny driller robot travels underground in order to save its creators kidnapped by someone who wants to steal their work. The robot can drill blocks of matter, collect them, recycle them into new pieces and destroy lines.
The game is sort of a mash-up between Boulder Dash, Tetris and Minecraft.
Here is the brand new launch trailer of Blocks That Matter that celebrates the release of the game with loud chiptune : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aDtip5b-Kc
Some random facts about Blocks That Matter :
- The game has been made in only 4 months
- This is a sort of spiritual sequel to Tuper Tario Tros., the very first game and mash-up made by Swing Swing Submarine
- It contains 40 levels (adventure) + 10 bonus levels that can be unlocked collecting BTMs (special blocks in chests)
- An average player can finish the game in 5 hours (more or less) but another hour is needed to collect all BTMs
- 40 BTMs to collect including Super Meat Boy, Minecraft, Battleblock Theater, Tetris, Lode Runner, Spelunky,...
ABOUT SWING SWING SUBMARINE
Formed in August 2010, Swing Swing Submarine is an independant game development company created by two young and stupid French guys: Guillaume Martin, programmer, and William David, game designer. They also have the help of two other devs friends: Yann Van Der Cruyssen, composers of Nicklas Nygren's Knytt Stories, and Géraud Soulié, talented illustrator.
- Website : http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com
- Contact : William DAVID - +33 (0)184.108.40.206.62 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discover and play our games :
- Tuper Tario Tros. : http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com/games/tuper-tario-tros
- Greek&Wicked : http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com/games/greek-and-wicked
- Seasons after Fall (still in dev) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZu74-iHH90