For Immediate Release
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - May 20, 2009 - Mac gamers rejoice! You too can now manipulate the flow of time and rescue the Princess. Hothead Games proudly announced today the release of the Mac version of Jonathan Blow's Braid on the Greenhouse indie digital distribution platform at www.playgreenhouse.com. Available for worldwide download at only $14.95, today's launch of Braid represents the one of the first in a unique collaboration between Hothead and other top-notch independent developers to bring their award-winning titles to new gaming platforms.
Explore the human condition and manipulate time in the lush, painterly world of Braid, a puzzle-platformer that takes you from a house in the city on a journey through a series of worlds to solve puzzles and rescue the princess. In each world, you have a different power to affect the way time behaves, including the ability to rewind, create parallel realities and utilize time dilation. There is no filler in this game; every puzzle shows you something new and interesting about the game world.
• Untraditional platforming. You can never die and never lose, but challenge is always present and focused on solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to play and replay tricky jumps.
• Puzzle-rich environment. Travel through a series of worlds searching for puzzle pieces and solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes and setting up pockets of dilated time. The gameplay is always fresh and new and the puzzles inspire new ways of thinking.
• Aesthetic design. A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique gameplay.
• Non-linear story. A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; act out real-world themes at your own pace, exploring playful "what if" universes.
• Forgiving gameplay. The game doesn't force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can't figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.
Braid has been rated "E 10+" for Everyone 10 and older by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for all platforms.
About Hothead Games: Hothead Games is an independent game developer and publisher based in Vancouver, Canada. The company is committed to creating top quality games for the experienced gamer. Hothead is best known for its RPG-adventure game series, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, based on the widely popular Penny Arcade online comic strip. Hothead self-publishes its titles with a focus on offering accessible game play and episodic content through digital distribution. Visit www.hotheadgames.com for more information.
About Greenhouse Interactive: Greenhouse is a digital distribution service dedicated to bringing indie games and gamers together. Founded in April 2008 by Hothead Games and Penny Arcade, Greenhouse is developer-friendly, offering technical flexibility and know-how to bring interesting and new independent developers into the spotlight. Visit www.playgreenhouse.com for more information.
Contact: Carolyn Carnes
Flash Fire Communications