GUILDFORD, ENGLAND, November 7th 2008– The crypt keepers at Pinnacle Software and developer Doublesix have today lifted the lid on a brand new in-game trailer and screenshots which reveals all of the enemy zombie types players will encounter in the fiendishly addictive arcade shooter Burn Zombie Burn!, releasing on PlayStation® Network in early Q1 2009. The brand new trailer can be downloaded from the following link;
Brand new screenshots and zombie renders can be downloaded from the following link;
Each type of zombie has its own behavioural pattern, strengths and weaknesses, and it is up to players to discover the most effective tactics to deal with them on their way to racking up that high score and of course staying alive. So, on to our undead roll call!
• Normal– The every day, humdrum, wants-to-eat-your-brains zombie. They shamble slowly around until they get close and then they rush towards you
• Exploder– Big flashing lights make sure these walking bombs are clearly visible. Don’t get too close or they’ll try to take you with them
• Crazy– Identifiable by their beanie hats, these zombies will chase you clear across the map
• Dancers– Dancers hate it when you look at them and will try and dance around to attack you from the back
• Rushers– The jocks of the zombie world, they’ll charge you at speed but they’re not too bright and can’t turn very well
• Riot– These zombies have taken precautions, with welder’s masks to protect their faces and dustbin lids to protect their bodies, they can only be shot from behind
• Noxious– These diseased zombies can cause damage if you get near them but worse still– they can infect other zombies with a plague that turns them green and makes them immune to fire and dance guns. Kill these quick!
• Super Zombie– He’s big, he’s strong, his brain’s in a jar and he has serious bowel problems! Pretty much immune to everything except explosives, the Super Zombie is hard to kill.
To keep up to date on all things Burn Zombie Burn! related head to www.burnzombieburn.com
About Burn Zombie Burn!
Releasing on PlayStation®Network in early Q1 2009, Burn Zombie Burn! is an addictive and charismatic arcade shooter bearing the‘just one more go’ hallmark that defines all of the great games in the genre. Set across six classic American horror movie inspired levels, you play as Bruce– an average every-day Joe who was looking forward to some‘quality time’ with his girlfriend Daisy. In true B-movie style their Saturday night is ruined by an invasion of zombies.
The aim of the game couldn’t be simpler; shoot, burn and blow up as many brain munching zombies as possible using a variety of classic zombie killing weapons before they overwhelm you. Use fire to build up your multiplier and then destroy zombies en masse with explosives to increase that oh-so-important leaderboard high score. But beware! A burning zombie is a faster zombie– burn too many and they will burn you!
Burn Zombie Burn! is frantic, arcade gaming at its best, delivering humour and bloody zombie violence in copious amounts!
- ENDS -
For press enquiries please contact:
Tel; 0203 176 0139
Mob; 07867 514554
About Pinnacle Software Ltd
Pinnacle Software, a Division of Pinnacle Entertainment Ltd, has forged the way as a leading UK Distributor, revolutionising the Games industry by creating the exclusive software distribution model for this territory in 1992. The organisation has remained innovative&flexible since its inception, using its extensive experience of the software industry and understanding of the full retail spectrum, to provide an end to end sales, marketing, distribution, production&licensing service for its worldwide base of developer and publisher partners.
Pinnacle Software continues to maintain a complete UK&ROI distribution service for publishers and developers alike, penetrating a wider retail audience than any of its competitors due to the breadth of product available throughout the Pinnacle Entertainment group, including software, music, DVDs, accessories, books, trading cards, and merchandise.
Visit www.pinnacle-software.co.uk for further information.
doublesix is an award winning game developer based in the heart of Guildford and is one of five regional studios formed by Kuju Entertainment Ltd. Built around the teams that created the critically-acclaimed Geometry Wars: Galaxies and addictive PSN shooter Nucelus, the studio is dedicated to producing the highest quality digital distribution titles across all platforms: XBLA, PSN, WiiWare, PC and I-Phone.
" " ,“PLAYSTATION” and " " are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.