London, England - 16 January, 2014 – UK development collective, Skoobie Games, today announced the first details for ‘ Blue Eden’, a brand new underwater mobile adventure/family video game inspired by the passion to raise awareness to preserve the captivating beauty and sustainability of ocean wildlife. Created for players of all skill levels and ages, Blue Eden will launch on the iOS App Store (for iPhone and iPod Touch formats) and is available to download from Thursday, 20 th February, 2014 for £0.69 / $0.99.
The unique adventure of Blue Eden begins as audiences enter into a world of underwater exploration, discovery and survival for the first time. Adopting the controls of the incredibly striking marine fish, you take the reigns of guiding a school of Power Blue Surgeonfish from the humble beginnings of a small family to ultimately growing them into an impressive, powerful 200-strong unit. The journey of wonderment will see the fish explore unseen habitats, feed in the plankton bloom, escape from giant predators and produce the next generation of fish. With unpredictability and danger around every turn, how far can you go on your adventure as you pursue the goal of ongoing survival in the oceans of Blue Eden?
Players will get to experience each of the 4 fun-filled game types that represent a different part of the Surgeonfish’s life cycle. Some of the key game features include:
· * DYNAMIC SIMULATION - Take control of a giant fish school, with its captivating beauty realistically recreated. See the impact of adventure gameplay with every touch.
· * 4-PART GAME TYPES - Highly accessible to pick up and play! Tackle Migration, Feeding, Predator and Breeding stages, each offering a unique challenging experience.
· * BREED & GROW - Build on the size of your family and form a powerful group, with thousands of possible combinations. Each season will get tougher than the previous, how many generations can you last?
· * STAYING ALIVE - Explore the unpredictable waters where danger may lurk at each turn. Avoid shark attacks and other nasty ocean predators, all wanting a taste of the Surgeonfish.
· * FUN GALLERY & EDUCATION - Learn about the fascinating facts behind each of the creatures in the game. Understand the real life threats to our oceans, discover what actions are being taken and find out how you can help.
With the sustainability of ocean wildlife becoming a larger focus in the news, the Skoobie Games team wanted to leverage technology not just for technology’s sake but to look to utilise the broad reach of iOS devices to raise awareness of this plight. The result of Blue Eden is a fun, compelling yet simple game that showcases the beauty of ocean life.
Skoobie Games’ producer and game designer Chun Wah Kong said: “With the advent of mainstream mobile games, we wanted to create an experience that provides more than quick bursts of entertainment. I wanted to come up with something that mattered to each and everyone of us. Tech is big news but I think we need to spend time talking more about nature too. I’m a big fan of ocean documentaries and wanted to create the same sense of curiosity and wonderment in a game. I hope we’ve achieved some way in raising awareness when they play Blue Eden, and through our website we’ve given them the portal to explore what they can do to help ocean wildlife.”
Blue Eden is available to download on iOS formats (iPhone and iPod Touch) from Thursday, 20 th February 2014 for £0.69 / $0.99. For more information, go to www.skoobiegames.com
- ends -
About Skoobie Games
Skoobie Games is a UK based collective of game veterans and developer friends who share a common passion for making fun, dynamic and original video game entertainment that appeal to a wide audience. With the vision to create fresh experiences that focus beyond traditional game genres, ‘Blue Eden’ is the company’s first published mobile title developed to raise global awareness around the need to preserve ocean wildlife and the natural beauty of the seas. The game is available on iOS for the iPhone and iPod Touch formats.