Basingstoke, England– 16th October 2007– Six-time World Snooker Champion, Steve Davis features in a video just posted to YouTube, conceived during the making of the advert for forthcoming World Snooker Championship™ Season 2007-08 game, which releases on Nintendo® DS on 26th October 2007.
The game’s ad campaign plays homage to Nintendo’s brilliant Brain Training™ TV commercials staring Nicole Kidman, and features the notoriously deadpan Davis relaxing on the sofa over a frame or two of World Championship Snooker.
The video can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGBle4bGrI.
Davis also appears in the game, along with all of the other well known players currently contesting the World Snooker Championship season. The game also features Davis’ fellow snooker national treasure John Virgo on commentary duties, as the lifelike game soundtrack brings the sport to life.
Snooker has always been a popular sporting genre for video games, but has historically been restricted by how the player controls each shot. Home console joypads and computer mice have never quite achieved the level of interaction and accuracy promised by Nintendo's immensely popular DS handheld format with its dual touch screen and stylus.
· Choose one of best professional Snooker players, each with his own unique abilities based on real personal abilities
· Unlockable professional players to challenge even the most skilled snooker fan
· 9 official licensed Championship Events of a Snooker season, for example the Welsh Open, Grand Prix, UK Championship, Masters, China Open, World Championship and all the others
· A unique atmosphere through the novel commentary system 'Shot Watching' hosted by John Virgo
· Change between two distinct modes 'Challenge' and 'Championship' for mini games or a complete Snooker season
· The duel screen format of DS, it can display both the full 3D view of the action on one screen and a top down perspective on the other screen
For further information, please contact:
Stefano Petrullo firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of PR
Tel: 0870 027 6502
Stephanie Baker email@example.com
Tel: 0870 027 6505
Dean Driscoll firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifestyle PR, Indigo Pearl
Tel: 0208 964 4545
About KOCH MEDIA
Founded by Franz Koch and Klemens Kundratitz in 1994, Koch Media is a leading production and marketing company for digital entertainment products in Europe. The company focuses on publishing and licensing software products, games and films on DVD. Koch Media's sales, marketing and distribution activities cover the whole of Europe, and the company has achieved strategic cooperation agreements with numerous software and games manufacturers: G-Data, JoWooD, Lexware, Pinnacle, Square-Enix, Sunflowers, Ulead, etc. While Koch Media's head office is situated in Planegg, near Munich, the company also maintains further branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland and Italy.