MUNICH - March 8, 2011
burda:ic, a leading publisher of online games worldwide, today announced that the Closed Beta Test of ARGO Online has officially begun and will run through March 22, giving players two full weeks to take first crack at exploring the highly-anticipated Steampunk Fantasy MMORPG. Players with CBT keys can register and gain entrance to the post-apocalyptic land of ARGO Online by visiting the official registration site at http://argo.alaplaya.net/closedbeta.
“ ARGO Online promises to be our most expansive and immersive title yet, throwing gamers headfirst into a huge world teeming with content," said Achim Kaspers, Managing Director of burda:ic.“We can’t wait for players to finally experience it firsthand, and hope all the closed beta testers enjoy what we have in store for them over the next couple weeks!”
The ARGO Online CBT will feature:
• 10 huge dungeons
• 20 different territories
• Two unique races to choose from with four of eight classes each
• Futuristic, steampunk-themed world activated up to Level 30
• Hundreds of quests in five different categories
• Interactive map system for finding NPCs, quests, and more
• Crafting system with multiple upgrade options for items
• Resource system (based on the mineral Earthdium) for skills (dash, attack, defense)
• Six professions to experience
• PvP and raid dungeons to explore with friends
• Different mounts for both factions (Floresslah: Animal mounts / Noblian: Steampunk vehicles)
• Deep achievement system
• Pet system with two completely different faction designs
As well as the following classes:
To learn more about ARGO Online, visit the teaser site at http://www.argo.alaplaya.net.
About ARGO Online
Developed by MGame, ARGO Online is a futuristic, steampunk-themed MMORPG featuring thousands of exciting quests, epic battles with hundreds of players, and a wide variety of PvP modes. Combining classic MMO features like a pet system, unique professions, and auctions with an engrossing background story and a vividly imagined world, players on both continents are sure to be captivated by ARGO Online when it officially launches in North America and Europe this spring.
burda:ic GmbH is a leading free-to-play PC online games publisher headquartered in Munich, Germany. burda:ic markets and distributes massively multiplayer online games (MMOG) such as LOCO - Land of Chaos Online, S4 League, and Florensia, and its innovative alaplaya gaming platform has continued to grow rapidly since its launch in summer 2007. More information about burda:ic is available at www.burda-ic.com.
Ryan Morgan, TriplePoint for burda:ic