London, UK– June 28, 2011– Call of Duty®: Black Ops , the best selling game ever on the Xbox 360®, today unleashes a new onslaught of combat with a fresh delivery of downloadable content, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Annihilation . Available now worldwide on Xbox LIVE, Annihilation delivers four new multiplayer maps and a mind-blowing Zombies experience for the ultimate online showdown.
Annihilation is the third downloadable content pack release from Activision and Treyarch in support of the worldwide phenomenon and record-setting Call of Duty: Black Ops . Fueled by the breakthrough First Strike and Escalation content packs, the blockbuster title is recognized for having the highest selling add-on content in Xbox LIVE history, according to Microsoft.
The Annihilation content pack’s new maps include:
· “ Hangar 18,” located in the highly classified military base of Area 51, where gamers will fight through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar and a mysterious autopsy room.
· “ Drive-In,” where players experience close-quarters combat through a 1960's American Drive-In theater, complete with a snack shack and a classic arcade.
· “ Silo,” where-in gamers can infiltrate a massive secret Soviet nuclear missile site under construction within a multi-level battleground.
· " Hazard," located on the cliff sides of Cuba, gamers can explore a coastal golf course fit for a Dictator, where stocked clubhouses and manicured fairways meet snipers hidden in sand traps.
· “Shangri-La,” the all-new Zombies experience, transports players into a mythical paradise overrun with the undead. Our Heroes will come face-to-face with new species of zombies and navigate through a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, all set within a legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle.
“Our commitment to delivering great new content for Black Ops continues with Annihilation ,” said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. “ Annihilation offers four of the best Black Ops multiplayer maps to date, and a stunning new Zombies experience laden with deadly traps and dark secrets buried deep within the shifting walls of the infested temple.”
Developed by Treyarch and published by Activision Publishing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated 18 by BBFC. Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation is available first on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1,200 Microsoft Points. For additional Call of Duty updates and information, visit us on the web at www.callofduty.com/blackops, www.facebook.com/codblackops, and also via Twitter @Treyarch. Treyarch will host Double XP starting Friday, July 1 st though the weekend.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Call of Duty and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation.
For further information, please contact: