Called Shot LLC, creators of the open-source, distributed game engine Ymir, are pleased-as-punch to publicly announce development of a new 3D, action platformer: The Electric Adventures of Watt. The Electric Adventures of Watt will be the flagship title for the indie studio and will continue in Called Shot's philosophy of openly-licensed game development.
The Electric Adventures of Watt (TEAoW) is a 3D, action platformer set on a dark, blasted planet which asks players to pick a side in a battle between darkness and light. Choose the mechanical citizens of Illuminaria and harness the power of light as your weapon or side with the ethereal Creep and use your mysterious powers to defend your very existence. Regardless of the side chosen, the path ahead is fraught with peril. Are you brave enough to discover what lurks in the darkness and looms in the light?
- Action-packed, player-versus-player combat for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- All game assets released under Creative Commons.
- 3D platforming staples:
- Environmental hazards.
- Physics-enabled puzzles.
- Collect (or defend) power-plants.
- Take on one of several forms to best combat your enemies.
- A hauntingly beautiful soundtrack by Peter Wallin.