TORRANCE, Calif., February 3, 2008 - Video game developer and publisher Tecmo® announced today the release of Rygar: The Battle of Argus for Wii™.
The legendary warrior, Rygar, is back! A story set in the Greco-Roman era surrounding a noble warrior attempting to save Princess Harmonia, players must bring the Island of Argus back to peace and annihilate the Titans using the "Diskarmor."
In Rygar: The Battle of Argus, intuitive use of the Wii Remote™ allows players to effectively control the powerful weapon to destroy enemies and maneuver on, around, over, and under obstacles. Players will challenge themselves in the all-new Gladiator Mode by rapidly swinging and slashing their way through non-stop waves of foes.
"...packed with hard-hitting action... the thing to satisfy your heroic, world-saving urges" - Nintendo Power, Dec. 2008
"...we’ve played it—and came away impressed"
– IGN.com, Sept. 2008
"...you don't want to miss the action"
-GamePro.com, Sept. 2008
Rygar arrived on the Nintendo® Entertainment System (NES) in 1987, whose legendary warrior traversed through obstacles, defeated bosses guarding the Indora gods and eventually battled King Ligar as his final task.
Fast forwarding to 2002, an all-new Rygar was released on the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system. The mythology from Greco-Roman culture was incorporated even more into Rygar’s environments and encounters, inspiring the next generation of Greco-Roman stylized games.
• Innovative Play Mechanics: The legendary Diskarmor shield can be used for attack, defense, or transportation all with the use of the Wii Remote
• Not the Same Rygar: Conquer new enemies, techniques, and game modes in this Wii remake of the PlayStation 2 classic
• Gladiator Mode: Play the new Gladiator Mode specially equipped for the versatile swinging movement of the Wii Remote
• Action Packed Adventure: This action-adventure title spans various unique zones and requires vanquishing the enemy and light puzzle solving
• Intense Combo Attacks: Multiple Diskarmor weapons are available to be found and upgraded with elemental power-ups such as fire, ice, and lightning. Engage the enemy with over 40 different devastating combo attacks
• Riveting Story: A story set in the Greco-Roman era surrounding a noble warrior attempting to save his Princess, bring the Island of Argus back to peace, and annihilate the Titans using only his wits, fabled Diskarmor, and captivating looks and charm
Rygar: The Battle of Argus has been rated "T" (Teen) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and will carry a suggested retail price of US $39.99. More information on the title including media can be found at www.rygargame.com.
Tecmo®, Inc., located in Torrance, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo based Tecmo, LTD. Tecmo, Inc. is a leading publisher of video games for next generation consoles, handheld hardware, and mobile devices including those manufactured by Microsoft, Sony Computer Entertainment America, and Nintendo. Tecmo has gained worldwide recognition with product lines such as Tecmo Bowl®, Ninja Gaiden®, Dead or Alive®, Fatal Frame®, Monster Rancher®, and Gallop Racer®. More information on Tecmo can be found at www.tecmogames.com.
Rygar®: The Battle of Argus©2008 Tecmo, LTD.