(London, UK)– May 20th , 2010– For the new players of Heroes of Newerth, the addictive action-RPG from S2 Games, getting to grips with the game can be a daunting process. Well, never fear n00bs, because the HoN community is here to help you through the tough times!
The official Heroes of Newerth Facebook page is“liked” by over 350,000 gaming fans, and is an easy way to get the latest updates on important announcements and other exclusive developer information.
The HoN forums are a great place to start learning the ins and outs of this challenging and rewarding title. For a run-down on the heroes that populate the world of Newerth, look no further than Newti’s incredible Mini Guides thread, located at http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=64274. You can also find specific character guides, and more newbie-friendly info at the Training Grounds. Get there by pointing your browser at http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43.
Marc DeForest, CEO and Founder of S2 Games is clearly impressed by the fans:“A title such as Heroes of Newerth depends on its community as much as its development team, and here at S2 we are very lucky to have such a vibrant and active collection of players from all around the world! HoN is easy to pick up but hard to master, and having these resources available to beginners makes the whole experience a hundred times better.”
Heroes of Newerth is now available for the Windows, MAC and Linux platforms for $30.00 (Exchange rates apply) from www.heroesofnewerth.com. The HoN Facebook page can be found at http://www.facebook.com/heroesofnewerth.
In Heroes of Newerth, two teams of up to five players each take on the role of special Hero units. With the assistance of AI-controlled armies, each team sets out with the sole objective of destroying the other team’s base. As a match progresses, players can earn experience and gold which can be used to upgrade skills or purchase items to make their character more powerful. The team-oriented design of HoN coupled with unprecedented in-game Voice-Over-IP controls and Clan Support allow for an incredibly deep, tactical team-based experience.
Some of the unique features of HoN include the following:
· Dozens of playable Hero characters, over 100 items as well as regular content updates to ensure no two games of HoN will ever be the same.
· Client/Server Architecture eliminates lag, cheats and map hacking
· Quick reconnect feature allows players to jump right back into their game should they get disconnected
· In-game VOIP for fast and easy communication with teammates
· Game archives and replay support for all games played on official servers (players can rewind, slow down, fast forward, and otherwise pinpoint the exact part of a match that they wish to view)
· Built upon the proprietary K2 engine to deliver enhanced graphics while maintaining low system specs
· Powerful map editor and mod capabilities
· Available in six language translations: English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Russian.
· Available for PC, Mac, and Linux
About S2 Games
The core S2 Games team is an experienced group of developers from diverse backgrounds, including film, fine art, computer science and business. Through this mix of skill and experience, a synergy is born creating a fresh perspective in game design. The mission of the S2 Games team is to create the next level of multiplayer gaming. With the creation of the K2™ Engine, they have the freedom to take online multiplayer games to heights not reached before. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.s2games.com.
For more information, please contact:
Sean at Lunch PR
firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 020 7575 3214