Berlin, Nov. 14th 2008: Leaves are falling and winter is coming. To avoid the characters in Runes of Magic catching a chill, Frogster is searching for a beautiful cape design in a community contest. Graphically talented fans are called on to create their personal cape for the upcoming fantasy online-roleplaying game on the basis of a template. They can submit their creative ideas until November 25th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning cape is going to be integrated into Runes of Magic by developer Runewaker. Players can then find it in the game to equip their characters. Further details about the contest and the template can be found here:
Runes of Magic is currently in closed beta. Interested players can still apply for access to the beta test on www.runesofmagic.com. The ambitious MMORPG project is scheduled to go into open beta with further polishing and completely localized in the course of December.
Runes of Magic– a world full of wizardry and adventure
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free-to-play MMO games. Right from the launch Runes of Magic will convey its absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric world. Players can choose between six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four monthswith free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
Runes of Magic features
• Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
• Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
• Enthralling background story
• Already over 600 quests and level comprehensive quest series on launch
• Instanced and persistent dungeons
• Individually developed skills and spells
• Armor sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system: Upgrades with hundreds of runes
• PvP system, to be activated with a PvP flag (Player vs. Player duels, arena combat, ranking system)
• Epic crafting system with the possibility to improve existing items
• Individual coloring of clothes and armor
• Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
• Special zones for guild houses
• Reputation system
• Scalable user interface based on the users preference (development of your own add-ons possible)
• In-game map and radar system to easily find dealers, resources and quests
• Auction house: auction and purchase items
• Teleporting possibilities via runes, different and unique mounts
• Controlling with mouse (Point&Click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com
About Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
As a holding with different shares in the computer games industry, Frogster Interactive Pictures AG based in Berlin is focusing on the growth sector of Massively Multiplayer Online Games. The company licenses, operates und markets different online games in the German speaking market and internationally. Its Korean joint venture Frogster Studios Co. Ltd. based in Seoul develops MMO games and markets their own as well as licensed virtual worlds in Asia. At their headquarter in Berlin and in Rheine and Korea, the Frogster group employs more than 80 staff members in the fields of development, marketing, community management, customer support, IT, web design, web development, sales and administration. Internet: www.frogster-interactive.de
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -44
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 4701 -11
M +49 (0) 171– 34 78 460