Toronto, Canada– July 11, 2008– Capybara Games, a Canadian mobile and handheld game studio focused on the creation of innovative games, announced today that its award-winning mobile puzzle game, Critter Crunch, is now available on the Apple® iPhone™ 3G and iPod® touch. Critter Crunch is being released on the new Apple gaming platforms by Publisher X, a publisher focused on digitally downloaded titles.
“Bringing our game to the new Apple iPhone 3G and iPod touch is a fantastic next step in the evolution of Critter Crunch,” said Capybara President Tom Frencel.“Critter Crunch’s exciting levels and addictive nature will have millions of iPhone users struggling to put the game down.”
In Critter Crunch, players assume the role of Biggs, a friendly, furry forest dweller with an unending hunger for tasty critters. Using his long tongue, Biggs must set the food chain in motion by launching smaller critters into the waiting mouths of larger ones, clearing the screen and filling his belly.
Critter Crunch game features:
- Multiple award-winning“Food Chain” puzzle style: Feed smaller critters into larger ones and watch them pop! The longer your chain, the larger the jewel!
- Tons of levels and four amazing game modes to unlock: Adventure Mode, Puzzle Mode, Time Trial and Survival.
- Cute critters, lush hand-painted background and catchy tunes keep the game bouncing!
- Lots of Power-ups and special critters keep things fresh by providing new challenges
- Intuitive tutorials teach you every aspect of the game: Learning to play Critter Crunch is a snap!
- Slick touch controls make playing Critter Crunch a breeze: Simply drag Biggs to move from column to column, and tap him to grab the critters above. Tap again to spit a grabbed critter into the waiting mouths of larger critters above and help the food chain along. Critter Crunch’s drag and tap controls are intuitive, precise and perfectly suited to the iPhone’s touch screen.
This innovative“food chain” mechanic created by Capybara Games helped make Critter Crunch one of the most well received mobile games of 2007, winning two IGN Best of 2007 awards (Best Puzzle Game and Biggest Surprise) as well as the Independent Games Festival 2008 Best Mobile Game of the Year and Best Audio Achievement.
For more information about Capybara games and Critter Crunch, please visit www.capybaragames.com. For more information about the new iPhone 3G and iPod touch gaming platforms, please visit www.apple.com/iphone/appstore. For more information about Publisher X, please visit www.publisherx.com.
ABOUT CAPYBARA GAMES:
Capybara Games is a Canadian game studio focused on the creation of immersive and innovative games. Since 2003, Capybara has quickly become recognized for combining unique ideas, addictive gameplay, and compelling visual style. Creativity and quality have always been at the center of Capybara’s philosophy. They are committed to bringing this philosophy, along with their expertise and experience to every game they produce. For more information about Capybara Games, please visit: www.capybaragames.com
ABOUT PUBLISHER X:
Publisher X is a growing global publisher of digitally downloadable interactive software. With strong development studio partnerships and an exclusive focus on digitally downloadable titles, Publisher X is in a strategic position to successfully launch new brands and proven IPs within the videogame space. For more information about Publisher X, please visit: www.publisherx.com
Jerry Whitehead III
(209) 586-3675 ext. 111