Kyiv, Ukraine.– September 24, 2008– The Casual Games Association, the international trade organization for the casual games industry, today announced conference details and featured speakers for Casual Connect Kyiv 2008. Casual Connect Kyiv will be held at the RUS Hotel, Kyiv, Ukraine on October 22-24, 2008.
All written and spoken content will be translated into both Russian and English.
As interest in the Eastern European games market continues to surge, Casual Connect Kyiv has become one of the most anticipated conferences hosted by the Casual Games Association. Fueled by rapid globalization and a depth of engineering talent in Russia and elsewhere, casual game development in Eastern Europe is at an all-time high.
Those able to distribute games on all major casual games portals and to major retail locations are available for meetings. Direct email contact with leading companies is available via the easy to use conference meeting page: http://kyiv.casualconnect.org/meetings.html.
Casual Connect Kyiv features a stellar line-up of international and local speakers representing the best and brightest in the gaming industry. The conference will include representatives from the top casual games publishers and developers, including developers and distributors from Eastern Europe and Russia.
Featured Speakers include:
- <*>Paul Thelen, Founder and CSO, Big Fish Games*> <*>Alexander Lyskovskv, CEO and co-Founder, Alawar Entertainment*>
Topic: Understanding the Power of Advertising
- <*>Making Money Off Web Games– The Pain Free Way. Ada Chen, Product Marketing Manager, Mochi Media*> <*>How to Develop Blockbuster Online Games. Joel Breton, Director of Game Development, MTV Networks’ AddictingGames*> <*>Building a world class gaming brand&taking it global - A casy study for the emerging markets. Rohit Sharma, COO, Zapak Digital Entertainment*>
Topic: Multiplayer, Social, Community and Massively Multiplayer Games
- <*>It's Always More Fun with More Than One - Success with Multiplayer Games. Kenny Rosenblatt, CEO and co-Founder, Arkadium*> <*>Creating and Distributing Multiplayer Games. Alisa Chumachenko, Director of Marketing and Advertising, Astrum Online Entertainment*>
Topic: Game Production
- <*>Our Secret Recipe for Success.*>
o Alex Bessonov, Founder, Floodlight Games
o Alexey Meleshkevich, Founder&CEO, Melesta
o Andrey Goncharov, CEO, GO! Games
o Andrey Fomin, CEO, Puzzle Lab
o Yaroslav Yanovsky, CEO, Enkord
o Igor Bukhman, COO, Playrix Entertainment
o Pavel Raikkonen, Director of Marketing, Nevosoft
o Ion Hardie, Producer, Reflexive Entertainment
- <*>User Testing. Aaron Norstad, Senior Producer, PlayFirst*> <*>How to Structure a Licensing Relationship in a Way That Really Works. Lloyd Melnick, CCO, Merscom.*>
Topic: Game Design
- <*>Principles of Game Design*>
o Vitaliy Romanov, CEO, Nevosoft
o Igor Elovikov, V.P. of Production, Playrix Entertainment
o Alex Bessonov, Founder, Floodlight Games
o Andrey Matkovskiy, Producer, I-Play
- <*>From North America to Western Europe: How is the consumer different?*>
o Steven Smith, CEO, Fresh Games
o Thorsten Kolisch, Managing Partner, Intenium
o Jeremy Snook, Lead Producer, RealGames
- <*>Game Development in Eastern Europe*>
o Kirill PLOTNIKOV, Head of Games Producing Department, Alawar
Online registration and more information on the event can be found by visiting http://kyiv.casualconnect.org
Members of the press should contact Yulia Vakhrusheva for more information at: yulia @ casualconnect.org or +38 (097) 683 47 10.
If your company would like to participate, please email Luke Burtis at luke @ casualconnect.org.
About Casual Connect
Launched in 2006, Casual Connect is hosted by the Casual Games Association, bringing together the most talented and knowledgeable experts in the casual gaming field to further the industry with the best learning and networking opportunities for casual games professionals. In addition to Casual Connect Kyiv, the CGA will host Casual Connect Europe on February 10 - 12, 2009 and Casual Connect Seattle on July 21 - 23, 2009.
About the Casual Games Association
The Casual Games Association is an international trade organization dedicated to promoting casual games and providing educational resources for the game development community. The association hosts annual conferences in Seattle, Kyiv and Western Europe; publishes a trade magazine; and issues research reports on the casual games industry. For more information about the association, visit http://www.casualgamesassociation.org.
yulia @ casualconnect.org
+38 (097) 683 47 10
Eastern Europe Press Relations
tatiana.chernova @ casualconnect.org
+7 913 905 55 43