In Hall 23 the best gamers of the globe will fight for one of the most prominent eSports trophies in the Intel Extreme Masters World Championship tournament. 400,000 US Dollars is the total prize purse of the league in the fifth season. CeBIT 2011 will also be the place of action for the first Intel Friday Night Game of the ESL Pro Series season 18, the German national league for computer games.
Intel Extreme Masters V
After the kick off of the fifth season at ChinaJoy in Shanghai in July, Global Challenge at gamescom 2010 in August and continental championships around the globe, new Champions of the World in eSports will be determined at CeBIT 2011. The champions from Europe, Asia and both Americas are fighting for their share of the 400,000 US Dollars - world's highest prize money for an international league for computer games.
Start of the ESL Pro Series season 18
Hall 23 at CeBIT will also be the place where the Summer Season 2011 of the ESL Pro Series Germany will kick off. The best professional gamers in Germany will collect their first important points on their road for the National Championship. The finals of the league will take place in June in Cologne. ESL Pro Series is the most prominent eSports league in Germany.
** Intel Extreme Masters Hall: **
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - Saturday, March 5, 2011
Please, consider this event in your publication!
Turtle Entertainment GmbH
Turtle Entertainment was founded in 2000. The company quickly grew to be the European leader in the sector of electronic sports (eSports). The Electronic Sports League (ESL), operated by Turtle Entertainment, is active in 37 different countries worldwide. The league portal www.esl.eu reaches above ten million visits a month generated by more than 2,7 million registered users. Turtle Entertainment broadcasts ESL events via ESL TV, web-TV service, since 2007. The headquarter has 140 employees and is located in Cologne, Germany. Turtle Entertainment owns the majority of the Chinese eSports league PGL (Pro Gamer League) since 2007. Important business partners of Turtle Entertainment are global corporations such as Intel, Alienware, ASUS, adidas, Volkswagen, Nokia, Trend Micro, Sennheiser, Microsoft, SteelSeries and gamed.de.
Further information is available at www.turtle-entertainment.com
All links at a glance:
- Further information about the Intel Extreme Masters: www.intelextrememasters.com
- Further information about the ESL Pro Series: www.esl.eu/de/pro-series
- Photos from CeBIT 2010: www.flickr.com/photos/eslphotos/sets/72157623592201686
- ESL TV (Videos on Demand): www.esl.tv/vod
- ESL TV YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/esltv
- Electronic Sports League: www.esl.eu
- Turtle Entertainment: www.turtle-entertainment.com
- Turtle Entertainment (Press section): www.turtle-entertainment.com/?press
- Company trailer Turtle Entertainment GmbH (browser flash movie): http://files.turtle-entertainment.de/video/eslpromo.html
Turtle Entertainment GmbH
Siegburger Straße 189
Tel. +49 221 880449-231
Mobile +49 163 5196461
Fax. +49 221 880449-239