May 10, 2013 - Chasm’s Kickstarter has reached its final 48 hours and 115% funding ($173k of $150k). We’ve begun accepting pre-orders at chasmgame.com via the Humble Store to keep funding going well past the Kickstarter. All funds raised from the Humble pre-orders will count towards the Kickstarter’s Stretch Goals, and help unlock extra content for the game. Humble will also be supporting the Kickstarter directly by helping us fulfill digital rewards to our Kickstarter backers via their powerful content delivery system. For more information please check out our latest Kickstarter Update.
Chasm is a 2D action-RPG platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The game features procedurally-generated Metroid-style dungeons and authentic 16-bit pixel art. Players take up the role of a soldier passing through a remote mining town on their journey home from a long war. The town’s miners have recently disappeared after breaching a long-forgotten temple far below the town, and reawakened an ancient slumbering evil. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore the mines below, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
- Explore Metroid-like dungeons procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms in six diverse areas.
- Challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art (320×180 native resolution)
- Discover new special abilities and powers to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Play how you want by equipping weapons, spellbooks, shields, and more to both hands
- Uncover random loot drops and rare items
- Battle massive bosses & mini-bosses
- Includes Normal and Hardcore (Scored with Permadeath) Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time, least damage taken, and more
- Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with Gamepad support
Official Site – http://www.chasmgame.com
Kickstarter - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/discordgames/chasm
Press Page (screenshots, trailers, logos) - http://discordgames.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=chasm
“…a stunning sidescrolling Action-RPG” - PC Gamer
"... the Metroidvania I've been waiting for" - Destructoid
"...astonishingly gorgeous" - Gamespy
“...it would probably be hard for any old-school gamer to walk away” -Cinema Blend
Discord Games is a small independent game studio founded by James Petruzzi in 2011. Our goal is to combine modern game design with classic 2D gameplay. Our debut release Take Arms was released on XBLIG in August 2011, was featured in the Indie Games Summer Uprising, and has sold over 20,000 copies to date. We remastered our formerly unreleased 2009 title 48 Chambers for Windows and XBLIG in 2012. Since late 2012 we've been hard at work on Chasm.