Paris, France– Monte Cristo Games and Namco Bandai Games are thrilled to be able to reveal the limited edition and standard editions for Cities XL , their innovative next generation city-simulation game. The Limited Edition includes 16 bonus items in a special pack and will only be available from key UK retailers.
The Cities XL Standard Edition box will include the installation DVD for the game, two instruction manuals, a 7-day trial code for the online Planet Offer and a trial offer on a second DVD so that one of your friends can discover the game.
On top of that, the Limited Edition box will include the following additional content:
• Five additional maps for solo mode,
• Five exclusive landmark buildings, (Berlin’s Victory Column, Kiev’s St. Vladimir’s Cathedral, New York’s 40 Wall Street, Paris’ Opera Garnier, San Francisco’s Grand Hotel),
• One exclusive city hall: Los Angeles’ City Hall,
• Two permanent blueprints: the Mayan pyramid of Chichen Itza and London’s Big Ben. These blueprints will be available from the start and can be built as many times as you wish.
• A bonus in-game t-shirt to make your avatar even more unique,
• an honorific medal to display proudly on your personal profile page on CitiesXL.com,
• Three postcards
• A 41x34cm poster
You will soon be able to pre-order the Limited Edition in the UK; there will be more information in the following days.
About CITIES XL
CITIES XL enables gamers to develop cities on realistic 3D maps, which feature a variety of environments from mountain ranges to beaches and islands. The cities you will build are based on American, Asian and European-influenced architectural styles. You must create the right combinations of job opportunities, social services, leisure activities, and special events within your cities in order to keep your citizens occupied and happy. Whether you’re planning and building a new zoo, public park, residential neighbourhood or transit system, there's always a fresh and exciting challenge for would-be city managers and mayors in CITIES XL.
For more information about CITIES XL, please visit www.citiesxl.com.
About Monte Cristo Games
Created in 1995, Monte Cristo is a leading game production company with over a decade of experience, having successfully published 30 games worldwide. Backed by leading international venture capitalists, we are currently focusing a team of over 80 people on the development of CITIES XL™ which merges video gaming with social networking and virtual worlds.
About NAMCO BANDAI Partners
NAMCO BANDAI Partners, one of the industry’s leading video game distribution companies, is wholly owned by NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. The company operates in 50 countries excluding North America (USA and Canada) and Japan, and distributes titles from NAMCO BANDAI Games, Atari and other major publishers on an international and local basis.