Montreal, Quebec, Canada– February 25, 2010– Meridian4 ( http://www.meridian4.com) is pleased to announce that it has signed a digital publishing agreement with ClockStone Studio ( http://www.clockstone.com) to publish their critically-acclaimed action/RPG; Avencast– Rise of the Mage.
“We are very excited to be working with Meridian4 on the digital distribution of Avencast– Rise of the Mage. We are glad to see the game’s magical package of dexterity-based combat action and adventuresque riddles delivered to the masses through Meridian4’s outstanding distribution partner network.“ said Michael Schiestl, CEO at ClockStone.
“ClockStone Studio has created a beautiful game in Avencast and we knew instantly that it deserved to be available to and played by as many gamers as possible. Meridian4 is really excited to be working with ClockStone to get their spell-based action game on to our extensive digital distribution partners.” said Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
In a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery, you must undertake some of the most diverse quests to hone your skills in spell casting, weaponry and melee combat. Your martial skills are soon put to the test as demonic monsters descend upon Avencast, turning the academy into a state of chaos and destruction.
Armed with countless combat moves and spells, and a vast arsenal of equipment you must uncover the source of this evil by vanquishing an onslaught of enemies. Treachery and deceit reveal themselves as the vicious army threatens Avencast’s very existence. Amidst the mayhem, an astonishing truth unfolds which will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
• Avencast’s unique and innovative combat system favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. Chain together spells and execute lethal attacks. Unleash your hero’s potential as you bring your own player skills to each intense battle!
• An exciting combination of dynamic action, adventure and traditional role-playing.
• Captivating visuals and dazzling special effects accompany you into a world where magic truly rules the day.
• While strength and agility will win most battles, wisdom and strategic thinking are necessary to survive Avencast’s challenging quests.
• Choose the magic that suits you best: melee-oriented blood magic or far ranged soul magic, or an explosive cocktail of both!
• Hordes of nightmarish monsters, each with their own diverse skills and combat strategies that adapt to your behavior.
• Acquire new equipment, armor, weapons and spell casting skills to craft a powerful character.
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. A publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers, Meridian 4 aims to actually form a partnership– a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for developers’ products. For more information, visit http://www.meridian4.com.
About ClockStone Studio
ClockStone Software is an independent studio located in Innsbruck, Austria, and committed to the development of high quality entertainment software. Parallel to developing for PC, ClockStone is an official developer for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS. They are currently taking in contract work for these platforms in addition to working on their own original concepts. For more information, visit http://www.clockstone.com.
For more information about Avencast or Meridian4, do not hesitate to contact me.