NEW YORK– December 2nd, 2010– Paradox Interactive and AGEOD have today announced details on how to sign up for the limited Closed Beta for Pride of Nations. The turn-based historical strategy game set in the colonial era of the 19th century, allows the player to take control of a country and guide it through industrialization, military conquest, and colonization and is due for release on PC in 2011.
Sign up for the Pride of Nations Closed Beta now at:
Sign up before midday on Monday, 13th of December!
If you are selected for a place in the Closed Beta,
you will receive a confirmation e-mail before the 17th of December.
- Immerse yourself in realistic historical gameplay set on a global map
- Play as the world’s Great Powers between 1850 and 1920
- Lead one of eight different countries, each with their own personality and agenda: USA, Great Britain, Germany, France, Japan, Russia, Austria-Hungary, and Italy
- Experience the most original diplomacy model ever created for a grand strategy game
- Discover an involved colonization and exploration system.
- Fight against a strong, non scripted AI through a number of new game mechanisms
- Battle it out with others in multiplayer with a new simultaneous turn-based engine
- Engage in a detailed world economy with realistic components
This upcoming release from AGEOD follows such successful historical strategy games as Birth of America, American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns, and Wars in America.
For more information:
About AGEOD /Paradox France
AGEOD studios, a part of Paradox Interactive since 2010, was founded in 2005 by industry veterans Philippe Thibaut, original designer of historical strategy games Europa Universalis, Pax Romana, Great Invasions and World War One; and Philippe Malacher, creator of the AGE engine. Since its start, AGEOD has released the famous turn-based strategy titles Birth of America, AGEOD's American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns, War in America and, on a different engine, World War One, 1914-1918. AGEOD's main goal is to offer players original cultural and gaming creations based on precise and serious research, with an emphasis on historical strategy games with original and innovative features. Read more: www.ageod.com
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe.
Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Victoria and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Mount&Blade series, Lionheart: Kings' Crusade, Majesty 2, Cities in Motion and Magicka. Paradox made an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive and www.twitter.com/pdxinteractive