Matrix Games/Slitherine News Release
For Immediate Release
Arlington , VT , October 13 th, 2011 – Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine ( www.slitherine.com), and Boku Strategy Games ( www.bokustrategygames.com) are excited to release the comprehensive 1.03 update for Combat Command: The Matrix Edition. The 1.03 update corrects problems with withdrawals, improves the editor, and brings a variety of other fixes and improvements.
About Combat Command: The Matrix Edition
Experience the engaging and intense Combat Command game system with more units, more scenarios, new art, and more! Combat Command: The Matrix Edition is a new updated compilation of the Combat Command series which combines the features, units, scenarios, and gameplay from both Desert Rats and Danger Forward into one fantastic system. Included in this updated release are two brand new thrilling scenarios, Moscow and Stalingrad. This special edition also has support for 8 new armies bringing the total number of national armies included to 15, including support for the combatants in the Pacific Theater of WWII. Combat Command: The Matrix Edition also sports a fine new paint job, with many graphical components of the game improved or completely redone! All the unit graphics have been redone, Fall and Jungle terrain sets have been added, all old terrain sets have been redone, the interface has been tweaked and recolored, and more!
- Combined ruleset and scenarios from both Desert Rats and Danger Forward to bring the best from both titles
- Two new never-before-seen scenarios, Moscow and Stalingrad, to combine with the over 40 scenarios included
- Added 8 new armies to test your tactical might, more than doubling the number available in the original games!
- Redone and improved Winter, Summer and Desert terrain sets
- Brand new Fall and Jungle terrain sets
- New and improved graphics for all units
- Re-colored and improved interface for a better, more aesthetically pleasing look
- As with the original Combat Command system, the engine models a wide variety of combat from amphibious and airborne operations to supply and morale effects, even night attacks, minefields, fixed defenses, and more!
Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Combat Command to 1.03. Get more information on Combat Command: The Matrix Edition from its official product page.
ABOUT SLITHERINE LTD. AND MATRIX GAMES LTD.
Slitherine Ltd. and Matrix Games Ltd. are the world’s leading video games producers and publishers of historical and strategy titles. Since 2000, both brands have published literally hundreds of games with many award-winning titles in their portfolio spanning all digital and console platforms. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, and board gaming and work with a wide array of key licensing partners such as HISTORY™, MILITARY HISTORY™, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Casemate Publishing and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. The two companies merged in May 2010 and formed the world’s largest organization specializing in this niche but important market sector. Slitherine’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in this expanding industry sector.