Slitherine is pleased to announce that Commander: Napoleon at War, a joint production with Firepower Entertainment and The Lordz Games Studio, has gone gold. The game will be released online the 29th September through the company site www.slitherine.com and through distribution partner Matrix Games at www.matrixgames.com.
The game follows the success of Commander: Napoleon at War and is the second game in the Commander series. It is also the second release under the umbrella of the Kameleon Project, created to assist other independent developers to bring their games to market.
‘We are delighted to release Commander: Napoleon at War’ said Iain McNeil, Development Director of Slitherine.‘It took us well over a year to complete this ambitious project, putting together what we think is a perfect sequel to Commander: Europe at War’s success. We’ve been listening and learning to consumer’s feedback throughout the development cycle and we are proud of the results we achieved. The beta test phase has proved very successful and it’s great to get all the feedback well in advance of release so the out of the box version is fully stable and playable’.
Main Game Features
• 8 campaigns including the Grand campaign and a number of small campaigns including France’s assault on Austria in 1805 up to the 100 days campaign ending at Waterloo in 1815.
• Take control of Napoleon's forces or the Allied Coalition who opposed him, including Britain, Prussia, Austria and Russia.
• Huge map covering all of Europe in amazing detail
• Research many new technologies and control the focus of your nations research.
• Dynamic weather system including mud, snow, storms and more
• Trade routes and pirate raids
• Fortresses and siege warfare
• 12 different units types including Militia, Line Infantry, Light&Heavy Cavalry, Foot&Horse Artillery, Frigates, Ships of the Line and Pirates and Privateers.
• Recruit historic commanders such as Ney, Blucher, Wellington&many more.
• Multiplayer via LAN, hot seat, PBEM and Internet