May 16 th, 2012 – A top secret military base, Cheshire, UK. Colossal Games, a small indie developer made up of industry vets with almost a century of combined industry experience including a BAFTA award winning sound design team and Chillingo, the leading independent games publisher and a division of Electronic Arts are proud to announce the upcoming release of Commando Jack, a highly addictive game for iOS platforms that combines the tactical Tower Defence genre with the frenetic action of a First-Person Shooter.
It’s a widely held belief (it’s on Wikipedia, so it MUST be true) that the British Commandos were disbanded at the end of the second world war leaving just the Royal Marine 3 Commando Brigade. The truth is, they were moved to a top secret military base in the heart of Cheshire, given a new name and a new objective. Under the command of Major Jack Garrett, the Super Elite Commando Force Seven Unit were tasked with protecting our planet from the continual threat of alien invasion.
For over 75 years, the Super Elite Commando Force Seven Unit have been fighting the good fight and protecting the Earth from total destruction. However, a fierce battle over the Alaskan wastelands would see the Super Elite Commando Force Seven Unit almost wiped-out; with Major Jack Garrett the sole survivor.
Realising that Major Garrett is still alive, the aliens muster all of their remaining forces for a final assault on Earth. You are Major Jack Garrett, you are the last commando and you are humanity’s only hope.
The Alien threat is targeting tourist hotspots around the globe; deploy your defences, upgrade your arsenal and take control of the battle before the alien menace takes over. Commando Jack's arsenal comprises of four defence turrets, one remote control grenade turret, and three guns which can all be upgraded three times each. Add to this a nuclear bomb and a UAV which provides an ariel view like a gunship, and you've got 26 different items to defend the planet. Also, the addition of three perks to use and swap mid-battle allow increasing turret or weapon power or boosting build points earned, adding another layer of strategy. The four difficulty modes dramatically alter the battlefield and provide different strategic challenges.
The nine alien types bring the game alive, with most enemies in the game reacting and changing to the way you play. For instance, the heavy 'Kamikaze alien' walks towards Commando Jack cradling a belt of grenades, but once its nearly dead, enraged, it runs faster towards Jack, with its arms flailing in the air, leaving its grenades open to gunfire!
- Classic Tower Defence combined with First-Person Shooter
- MULTIPLE VIEW POINTS: First-Person, Third-Person and Aerial views
- MULTI-ZOOM: Zoom in and out of the battlefield
- 5 LOCATIONS: Can you save London, New York, Paris, Tokyo & Cairo?
- 4 BESPOKE DIFFICULTY MODES: every level is customised for each difficulty
- 26 WEAPONS: Five defence towers, three guns, both with three upgrades each and two super weapons at your disposal
- IN-GAME PERKS: Increase gun power, turret power or build points
- 9 DIFFERENT ENEMIES:
- 5 interactive enemies; target and expose their weak points
- 2 interactive bosses, will you destroy the Mothership's booster jets first, or go for its eye straight away?
- 1 mechanical flying shark (sorry lasers not included)
- 1 sniper
- ENDLESS MODE: How long will you survive?
- SHOP: Buy new weapons, perks etc or upgrade your existing arsenal
- HUGE boss fights
- 20+ HOURS GAMEPLAY: Can you unlock everything?
- 44 Achievements and leaderboards
For information please visit http://www.colossalgames.eu .
Media Contact Colossal Games
Media Contact Chillingo US
Media Contact Chillingo Europe
Chillingo is a subsidiary of Electronic Arts and publishes innovative games and software for various platforms. Other hit iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad™ titles include Cut the Rope™, Angry Birds™, Feed Me Oil, Helsing’s Fire, Predators™, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs™, Minigore, iDracula, and Modern Conflict. For more information about Chillingo please visit http://www.chillingo.com
About Colossal Games
Colossal Games are a small indie developer made up of industry vets with almost a century of combined industry experience including a BAFTA award winning sound design team. The team has worked on a large number of AAA titles including Crysis, Harry Potter, Virtua Tennis, Fable, Buzz and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. For more information about Colossal Games, please visit http://www.colossalgames.eu