FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Montréal (March 1, 2013) – Compulsion Games, an emerging independent game studio, today announced that it will premiere a playable demo of CONTRAST™ at PAX East as part of the Indie Megabooth. This will be the first opportunity for fans who have been waiting enthusiastically, since Contrast was announced in March 2012, to experience the inventive shadow gameplay first-hand. In addition, an updated trailer has been released highlighting a new character design for Dawn as well as a fresh look at the 2D/3D puzzle platformer that allows players to shift between a roaming 3D landscape into a 2D shadowscape.
“We began development on Contrast four years ago and are excited to finally unveil it to the public. We chose to be part of the PAX East Indie Megabooth in order to give back to the amazing community that has helped support the game during our successful Greenlight campaign on Steam,” said Guillaume Provost, creative director and founder of Compulsion Games. “ Contrast will transport players into a vaudevillian world of shadows and mysteries, where story elements are discovered through the manipulation of light, and it introduces new gameplay paradigms for interacting and navigating the world.”
Experience a surreal 1920s dreamscape in which you can shift freely in and out of shadows. Tasked with helping a young girl named Didi, players will unravel the mysteries behind her troubled family and the dark secrets that must be exposed to re-shape her future.
- Discover an inventive 2D/3D puzzle platformer that allows the player to shift between a 3D landscape and 2D shadowscape to complete missions and explore
- Create unique shadow landscapes by manipulating light sources
- Utilize Dawn’s ability to shift into shadows to solve mind-bending puzzles
- Players are immersed in a lush vaudevillian world of cabaret singers, circus performers, and illusionists
- Novel mechanics, combined with fascinating landscapes, challenge creativity & imagination with each mission
- Explore and reveal the story behind CONTRAST by bringing light into the world
CONTRAST will be playable at PAX East, March 22- 24, Boston, MA, booth #775, within the Indie Megabooth. Set for a Spring 2013 PC launch, additional details for CONTRAST including distribution partners and available languages will be released at a later time.
Follow CONTRAST on:
Official Website: http://www.contrastgame.com/
About Compulsion Games
Compulsion Games is an indie game development studio in the heart of Montreal, Canada. Headed by industry vets, Compulsion currently employs 7 full time employees, and subcontracts full-time business with several reliable partners. We select our team members based on their talent, passion, and creativity. The latest information about Compulsion Games and Contrast can be found at: http://www.contrastgame.com/.
Contact (press only):
Public Relations, Director