NEW YORK– February 16th, 2011– Paradox Interactive and Turbo Tape Games today officially announced Naval War: Arctic Circle. The game is a new maritime RTS that places players at the controls of some of today’s most powerful naval forces, including NATO, the Nordic Alliance, Russia, and the United States. Taking place in the arctic regions of the world, Naval War: Arctic Circle will challenge players as they pass through the world’s deadliest waters vying for dominance and complete control of the arctic seas, allowing commanders to purge enemy forces either above, beneath, or on the ocean surface. Will you be able to reign over the waters?
View a new video interview with Jan Haugland, lead game designer:
Naval War: Arctic Circle is set to launch in Q1 2012.
- Two campaign modes, telling a narrative from Russian and NATO sides
- On-line play through LAN as well as over the Internet
- Enormous area of game play space, with over 35 million square km of open sea and coast line
- Extreme long range guided and self-guided weaponry; if you can detect the enemy, it will be possible to strike
- Vertical game play, from orbit aerial units to the bottom of the ocean floor through a seamless zoom-able map of the entire North Atlantic Ocean
- Detection and evasion focus with realistic sensory measures and countermeasures yielding a strategic game experience based on stealth rater than head on tactical battle
- Great detail in unit management with fewer but more powerful units making selection and management more distinguishable and less cluttered with an unparalleled level of individual detail
- Realistic weather model, with real world implications for tactical and strategic deployment of resources at hand
- Real world units, with all major powers.