Race to Mars is a turn-based space-company simulation, taking you from promising startup to the colonization of the red planet
Check out Race to Mars from developer Intermarum on Kickstarter . There's alpha gameplay video on there, as well as a good introduction vid to get you up to speed.
Let me tell you about just a few of the things that make this interesting:
· The game is being developed in Poland. You may have heard of that country from other well-known developers like CD Projekt RED, Flying Wild Hog, City Interactive, Techland, 11 bit studios and so on.
· It's a more realistic take on space exploration than we may be used to from other comparable games. You take charge of a space startup and have to build up your program and business as you race to become the first company to colonize Mars.
· To aid in the delivery of a realistic experience (that's still fun, of course), the team is working with a real space company, Poland's Kosmonauta. They're also working with The Mars Society to make sure the red planet is properly represented.
· In the game, you can fight for a bigger budget by attracting more fans and media attention. It's like my job, but only with space stuff.
· It's built in Unity, ensuring that it'll be available on a wide range of platforms, including Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
· They're only looking for £30,000. That's not a lot of money, and they're already almost a third of the way there.
There's a lot more, too. But you probably didn't even read that whole thing above. I try to make this easy, folks. ;) Nonetheless, I'll have more info and updates as the next couple of weeks roll on.