NEW YORK, April 18, 2012 – Acclaimed as one of the best strategy games of recent years, Paradox Interactive are pleased to announce the release today of an extensive patch which introduces a significant amount of new content and improvements for Crusader Kings II.
The key new content includes:
• New Crusade System – The Pope declares the war and other rulers can join the attacking alliance with the ruler contributing the most gaining the targeted kingdom
• Coalition Armies – Armies can now be ‘attached’ to each other after which they will follow the lead army
EVENTS & PLOTS
• Two New Plots – Plot to revoke your vassal's title, plot to cut a more powerful fellow vassal down to size
• More than 100 new events (Friendship & Rivalries, Regencies and others)
• Six New Kingdoms – Added the kingdoms of Frisia, Lotharingia, Bavaria, Pomerania, Aquitaine and Brittany
GAMEPLAY & FLAVOR
• New diplomatic options - offer to Join War, Matrilineal Betrothal)
• Causes of Death – See what characters have died of to determine whether they were murdered or not
• War Contribution Score – Participants in wars now get a contribution score which determines how much prestige and piety they get when the war ends
• Culture uncoupled from ethnicity
Complete patch notes: http://bit.ly/HR8h3I
In addition to patch 1.05, several DLC:s have also released today. The Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer DLC introduces a range of creative options for players including character creation when starting a new game, portrait customization, Dynasty naming, designing Coats of Arms, assignation of skill points & traits, creating a spouse & children and replacing a historical character with your own.
The music DLC:s Songs of Albion, Songs of Faith and Songs of the Holy Land have all been created by original Crusader Kings II soundtrack composer Andreas Waldetoft.
The strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II is available via all major distribution platforms and selected retails outlets with a suggested retail price of $39.99.
View the Crusader Kings II: Ruler Design announcement trailer at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvf8X_bXDHI
About Crusader Kings II
Created by the development team behind the Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron and the V ictoria series, Crusader Kings II offers players a rich historical tapestry to weave their story. A beleaguered king will always have friends to support him. But beware, as your rule and realm may find trouble when a loyal vassal becomes a bitter rival. Stand ready, increase your prestige, and listen to the world whisper your name in awe.
Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by the masters of Grand Strategy. Medieval Europe is brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth. Do you have what it takes to become a Crusader King?
About Paradox Development Studio
Paradox Development Studio has been a leading global developer of PC-based strategy games since 1995. The studio was one of the first to coin the term "Grand Strategy" and is the creative force behind succesful franchices like Svea Rike, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings & Sengoku. Relatively small in size but with a reach spanning the entire globe, the Stockholm based studio aims to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay to a continuously growing community of 400,000+ members.