16 May, 2013
- First adaptive mainstream UK gaming site
- Increased commercial opportunities, higher audience engagement and a fresh new look
Future’s flagship games news website, CVG , today unveils a major relaunch featuring adaptive design, new advertising formats, increased commercial opportunities, enhanced community interaction and a fresh new look and feel.
The relaunch follows nine months of extensive research and development and responds to the changing ways users interact with the site. With over 30% of CVG’s traffic coming via mobile and tablet devices, the new look site has been optimised across all platforms with a coherent design. Whilst adaptive design enables users to access all of CVG’s functionality regardless of the device being used – a first for a mainstream UK gaming site.
The redesign features new advertising formats and increased commercial opportunities. Utilising the Super Page Unit, which is designed to keep key content on the homepage to maximise views and interaction, advertisers are now able to integrate commercial messaging within CVG’s editorial content. In addition, transitional ad formats can now be served on mobile devices, giving advertisers unique access to CVG’s monthly mobile audience of over 1m unique users.
Community interaction is at the core of the relaunch. Users now have the ability to rate comments and vote them up or down to improve overall engagement, whilst comments appear on mobile devices for the very first time. The revamped site also includes a homepage calendar to keep users up-to-date with new release dates, shows and events.
Aesthetically, the new look CVG features a cleaner, lighter look and feel with a simplified global navigation and improved in-article navigation. Articles themselves will now be bolder and more visually-led and the CVG logo has been refreshed to work harder across digital media.
Andy Robinson, Editor of CVG, says: "The new CVG delivers the content that our readers care about faster, across every device and with user engagement at the heart. In addition our team of journalists will deliver exciting new article types with designs tailored to their content – and not the other way around. It's never been easier to consume 24/7 games coverage.”
Keith Walker, Head of Digital (Entertainment), says: “With focus on the user, the new look CVG delivers a joined up experience on any device which is optimised for mobile, tablet and laptop. In turn, this presents cutting edge commercial opportunities and reinforces CVG’s credentials as the go-to place for gaming news.”
For more information please contact:
Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive for Future on 020 7042 4034 or 07940 530424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Future plc:
· Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
· We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
· We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
· We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
· Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
· Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association. Future was also named Media Company of the Year at the 2013 British Media Awards.