Developer: Uiver Team
Genre: Flight Simulator Expansion for FSX and FS2004
Format: PC CD-ROM / Download
Release: February 2010
SRP: £29.99 /€39.95
“I’ll first start with the word... awesome.
I think that you will come to the same conclusion as I did”, Avsim.com
Flying into history– with style!
In the 1930s the launch of the DC-2 caused something of a stir– not only winning prestigious air races but also operating the original‘red-eye’ service overnight from New York to Los Angeles.
Now you can travel back the age of elegance and style and take the controls of this legendary aircraft.
This outstanding simulation has been a labour of love for its creators, who have worked closely with The Aviodrome Museum in Holland who operated one of the only two DC-2s still flying today.
Choose to fly with two different cockpit layouts in one of the three external models– PLUS 39 beautiful historic liveries of airlines from around the world.
This boxed edition contains printed manual, with everything you need to get yourself airborne– with checklists and reference data all included.
- <*>Highly detailed flight model, based on actual data and information provided by the Aviodrome DC-2 pilots and team.*>
- <*>Two highly detailed 3D virtual cockpit (VC) options are included– the historic as flown in the 1930s or fly with modern avionics as fitted in the Aviodrome aircraft.*> <*> Full instrumentation with the modern layout includes: Garmin GNS 430W GPS, Garmin GMA 340 Audiopanel, and Bendix KX 165A Radio. The 1950's style avionics include NAV1/NAV2 COM1/ADF and Transponder.*> <*>Photoreal textures for interior and exterior have all been taken from the actual aircraft and feature full bumpmap and specular effects.*> <*>Countless animations and details including custom cabin effects, working fire extinguisher and fasten seat-belt signs!*>
- <*>Realistic fuel system and operations work‘by the book’. For example a cold engine start will require use of boost pumps and primer as per the checklists!*>
- <*>Realistically modelled hydraulic system with shut off valve and manual use in emergency situations. Even the‘power cart’ is simulated, with external power available before engine start.*>
- <*>Incorrect operation will cause failures– such as exceeding the flaps limiting speed or exceeding maximum power settings for too long.*>
- <*>The brilliant Virtual First Officer feature means you can hand control over to your co-pilot at any time,
KLM PH-AJU "UIVER" Aviodrome (With updated cockpit panel)
KLM PH-AJU "UIVER" (Older panel)
Canadian Colonial Airways
DC-2 DC-3 Airways Bare Metal
Delta Air Lines
Douglas Histocrical Foundation
Eastern Airlines NC14969
Finnish Air Force "DC-1"
Finnish Air Force "DO-2"
Finnish Air Force "DO-2" Cafe
Finnish Air Lines
General Air Lines
Indian National Airways
Johnson Flying Service
KLM PH-AKH "HAAN"
KLM PH-ALE "EDELVALK"
Pan American World Airways
Pan American Grace Airways NC13729
Royal Air Force "AX767"
Spanish Nationalist Air Force
Australian National Airways VH-UYC
US Army Air Corps
Important note: not all features listed above are included in the FS2004 version.
MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X or FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004
Windows– Windows XP, Vista or 7
Processor– 2.8 GHz
Video Card– 256 Mb
Memory– 2 Gb RAM
Hard Drive– 200 Mb