London MCM Expo Dates: 25-26 October 08
Rock Band Tournament Date: 26 October 08
Location: DDR:UK stand, Games Village, Excel Centre, E16 1XL, London.
DDR:UK, one of the largest music gaming communities, will be holding a Rock Band competition at the London MCM Expo on Sunday the 26th October.
Budding rockers best grab 3 friends and head down to the DDR:UK stand before 2pm to compete in the tournament, while the less competitive can have a go at the game’s freeplay mode to see what all the fuss is about.
Bands will be assigned one song at random from the qualifying setlist (shown below) which may be played on any difficulty– though the higher the setting, the bigger the opportunity to score big. The top 4 bands of the competition will then choose 2 tracks each from the game’s 40 songs– as well as from a large proportion of titles from the game’s downloadable content– to compile a final list of 8 songs, from which they must perform a 3 song setlist to take them to rock glory.
▪ Bands must have 4 members
▪ No swapping instruments
▪ Vocalists must sing the words or face disqualification.
▪ There will be one Rock Band guitar and one Guitar Hero 2 guitar - decide which you'll be using before entering.
▪ THE QUALIFYING SETLIST:
▪ Beethoven's C*** (Serj Tankian)
▪ Dead on Arrival (Fallout Boy)
▪ Dani California (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)
▪ Hysteria (Muse)
▪ Learn to Fly (Foo Fighters)
▪ Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi)
▪ When You Were Young (The Killers)
For further press enquires about this or the MCM Expo please contact:
Tom Smith on 07905 515 966 or email@example.com
About the London MCM Expo:
Incorporating video games, movies, anime, manga and comic books the London MCM Expo is the UK’s largest entertainment based event and offers a wealth of great industry opportunities and consumer interaction.
Now part of the London Games Festival and with some of the biggest publishing names in the industry exhibiting, including UBISOFT, KOEI, CAPCOM, EA, ACTIVISION, MIDWAY and more, it’s clear to see why the MCM Expo is the place to been for Q4 releases
Full details of panels, guests, exhibitors and celebrities can be found on the website www.londonexpo.com– check back regularly for the latest exciting announcements.
Notes to Editors:
• 30,000 people are expected to attend the Expo, making it the biggest yet.
• Takes place on 25-26 October 2008.
• Confirmed special guests include actors Ken Lally and Jamie Hector (The German and Benjamin‘Knox’ Washington, respectively) from season 3 of Heroes, artist and writer Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night), actors Brad Swaile (X-Men: Evolution, Death Note), Michael Hogan (Battlestar Galactica) actress Jaimie Alexander (Kyle XY) and many more.
• Games playable at the event include: FarCry 2, Prince of Persia and Naruto: The Broken Bond from Ubisoft; Dead Space from EA; Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe from Midway; Street Fighter IV from Capcom and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and Warriors Orochi 2 from KOEI.
• Ticket information can be found here: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_information/tickets.html
• Travel information is available here: http://www.londonexpo.com/travel_hotels/travel.html
• London MCM Expo is part of the MCM Expo Group hosting shows at Excel London, the International Centre Telford and the NEC Birmingham.
• For all exhibitor, marketing, brand or sponsorship enquiries please contact Byran Coney: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01327 878 550.
• For press pass requests and enquires please contact Tom Smith: email@example.com or call 07905 515 966.
• DDR:UK’s homepage is http://www.ddruk.com
• London Games Festival homepage is http://www.londongamesfestival.com
• London MCM Expo homepage is www.londonexpo.com