1st December 2011 - Hampshire, UK/... Deep Silver today announced that a limited edition for the sexy action-adventure/puzzle mix Catherine will be available at the game’s release in February 2012.
The “Stray Sheep Edition” is named after the Stray Sheep Bar where Vincent, the game’s protagonist, spends most of his time after work and interacts with his lifelong friends,seeking advice for how to solve the dilemma he’s currently embroiled in. Should he continue the affair he’s having with the seductress Catherine, or abandon the sexy newcomer to deepen his relationship with his girlfriend Katherine?
This limited edition offers the following extras:
· An exclusive T-Shirt that is a replica of the Rave-T-Shirt that Vincent wears in the game
· Two Stray Sheep bar-themed coasters
· A seductive Catherine poster that is exclusively available in this deluxe edition
· A pizza delivery box from the Stray Sheep Bar that serves as the packaging for all the extra items found in the European deluxe edition
“We wanted to offer Europe's Catherine fans something special and unique, something that was not available before,” says Peter Brolly, brand manager at Deep Silver. “And with a very competitive price point for the Deluxe edition, we ensure that it’s an extremely attractive proposition - just like Catherine herself.”
The Stray Sheep Edition of Catherine will have a price of £54.99, the standard edition will be available for £44,99.
Catherine will be released in February 2012 in PAL territories for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Catherine will feature localized text in French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Vincent likes his girlfriend. Katherine's pretty, smart, and successful. Trouble is, she's starting to talk about long-term commitment, something Vincent's spent his entire life avoiding. Since romantic complications are the last thing he wants to deal with, Vincent meets his friends for their regular night of drinks. Little does he know that he's about to be blindsided by a beautiful, seductive, irresistible freight train named Catherine. Suddenly, he's hung over in bed next to the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, unsure about the previous night's events. Was it just making out, he wonders, or did something more serious happen between them? Should he tell Katherine? Will he ever see Catherine again? Vincent's about to find that a stumble on the staircase of love can turn into a horrific, fatal plummet...
· The Horrors of Love - Vincent's waking fears, doubts, pressures, and growing guilt about commitment and fidelity now gleefully follow him into his dreams, manifesting as horribly disfigured monsters and a ticking clock.
· Between a Rock and a Soft Place - The player must navigate Vincent through heavy moral decisions. As in real life, hardly anything is black and white. What is the value of honesty? What is the right thing to do? Either way, someone's going to get hurt. Worse yet, someone could die.
· The Nightmare of Your Dreams - Under the watch of producer Katsura Hashino, acclaimed director of Persona 3 and Persona 4, famed character artist Shigenori Soejima and master composer Shoji Meguro create sights and sounds unlike anything else. As unforgettable and original as the game's narrative, Catherine's visual direction and musical score define and perfectly complement Vincent's terrifying ascent into the dizzying perils of love.
· Escape With or From a Friend - Local competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, in addition to leaderboards, ensure that the many thrills and horrors of racing through twisted stages can be enjoyed by more than one player and add hours of extra gameplay to the overall experience.
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires. Deep Silver products are designed to equally appeal to pros and beginners, children and adults.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including own brands like Dead Island, the critically acclaimed zombie action game with RPG elements, the action role-playing game Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and Lost Horizon, the role-playing game Risen and well-known licenses like the Chernobyl shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and Prison Break: The Conspiracy, the action adventure based on the popular TV series. Deep Silver has announced more upcoming highlights such as Risen 2, the sequel to the hit RPG, and Sacred 3. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 15 years of experience in the digital media distribution business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Capcom, Codemasters, Kaspersky Labs, Paradox Entertainment, Square Enix, Tecmo-Koei, and System 3 etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the USA. www.kochmedia.com
Video game publisher ATLUS has established itself as one of its industry's most consistent, celebrated companies. With proven success across a variety of genres and platforms, including enthusiast-oriented games like the Shin Megami Tensei franchise of award-winning, fan beloved roleplaying games (including the hit Persona sub-series of games and the prestigious Nocturne), the groundbreaking, genre-defying Catherine, Demon's Souls, and the upcoming official video game adaptation of Game of Thrones (early 2012), ATLUS provides quality critically acclaimed interactive entertainment to a wide spectrum of customers.
ATLUS is a brand of Index Corporation and its privately held subsidiary Index Digital Media, Inc.
For breaking news, special promotions, insider info, and more, visit http://www.atlus.com/faithful to join the ranks of the ATLUS Faithful!
# # #
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
"", ”PlayStation” and “PS3” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.