Bellevue, WA (September 2, 2009) - Hidden Path Entertainment, an independent developer based in Bellevue Washington, has officially released Defense Grid: The Awakening on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. This critically acclaimed tower defense game is selling at a special price of 800 MS points ($10) and provides hours and hours of intense gameplay.
“We built Defense Grid: The Awakening with the Xbox LIVE Arcade audience in mind from the very beginning. Its unique spin on tower defense gameplay is a perfect fit, as it appeals to gamers of all skill levels, but has enough challenge modes to keep those hard-core Xbox 360 users engaged for hours” said Jeff Pobst, co-founder and CEO of Hidden Path Entertainment.“
Built on Emergent’s Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, Warhammer Online, Civilization IV), Defense Grid: The Awakening’s features include edge-of-your-seat gameplay, where players need to defeat hordes of invading enemies by strategically building fortification towers around their base. Each base has a number of valuable power cores that players must defend at all costs. Enemies invade your bases in waves, intent on stealing all your cores and escaping. The player can stop them only by strategically selecting and placing defensive towers as resources allow. . This action all takes place in beautiful environments, complete with spectacular effects and a dynamic, engaging soundtrack. The controls are intuitive and the gameplay is deep - the special attacks and properties of each tower work together to provide many ways to succeed.
Other Key Game Elements:
The Xbox LIVE Arcade version of Defense Grid: The Awakening includes:
• New Borderlands mission pack, which has four new advanced levels and 12 challenge modes.
• A unique combination of fixed and open maps that encourage different strategies every time you play.
• 24 total unique maps to strategically position your towers on and prevent alien enemies from stealing your power cores.
• 100 unlockable challenge modes to extend your gameplay.
• 10 different tower types, including Infernos, Teslas, Cannons and more. Each tower can also be upgraded twice for devastating power.
• All towers with unique tradeoffs that affect ideal placement, such as line-of-sight attack or ballistic trajectory fire; a large area of effect or damage over time; and minimum and maximum ranges.
• 15 different types of enemies, each with unique capabilities and strategies
• 10 hours of story and campaign play
• Custom soundtracks and loads of achievements
About Hidden Path Entertainment
Hidden Path Entertainment is an independent video game development company established to develop and produce interactive entertainment software for current and future generations of video game consoles, as well as other computing platforms. Hidden Path's team is made up of industry veterans who have each contributed to highly successful titles in multiple genres and on multiple platforms. Hidden Path is currently developing fun and innovative titles for some of the most popular companies in gaming and their respective platforms. Hidden Path Entertainment can be found online at www.hiddenpath.com.