NEW YORK– February 5, 2010– Paradox Interactive announced that development of BL-Logic’s sprawling World War II strategy game, Arsenal of Democracy, has been completed, and that the game will be released via all major digital distribution outlets on February 23 for $19.99. A new trailer describing the game and its features has also been released.
Arsenal of Democracy was developed by BL-Logic, a team comprised of passionate fans of the Paradox’s landmark Hearts of Iron series. The game takes players to World War II with total economic, diplomatic and military control over the nation of their choosing, giving them the chance to rewrite history and change the course of history’s greatest global conflict. Arsenal of Democracy offers players unparalleled historical detail alongside the most in-depth and realistic representation of the multitude of challenges faced by the leaders of the time.
Johan Andersson, Executive Producer at Paradox Interactive, said of the game,“Arsenal of Democracy is proof of what happens when a group of dedicated individuals plays something for years and years– in this case, Hearts of Iron II– and then has the opportunity to add their own ideas, their own features—in order improve it… It’s a true labor of love.”
Arsenal of Democracy is scheduled for release on February 23 for $19.99. It will be available via all major digital distributors, including Direct2Drive, GamersGate and Steam.
A new trailer to celebrate the release-date announcement is available for viewing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8vef3GwUA
For more info, visit www.paradoxplaza.com
Arsenal of Democracy main features:
• Rewrite history at the helm of any nation during World War II in a variety of other scenarios in single-player or multiplayer modes
• Topple your enemies using advanced combat mechanics on land, in the air and at sea, based on historical research and the work of military theorists
• Master the most detailed and flexible economic and production systems found in any Hearts of Iron game
• Keep your war efforts operating smoothly with a realistic logistics and trading subsystem
• Engage in espionage, intelligence, diplomacy and global trade to give your nation a decisive edge
• Determine your country’s National Identity, Social Policy and Ethnic Culture
• Create your own campaigns, units, countries, minister traits, national ideas and more with extensive mod capabilities
• Experience classic Hearts of Iron gameplay improved with a fine-tuned technology tree, better game balance, advanced statistics and polished graphics
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.
BL-Logic is a development studio made up by fans of the Hearts of Iron series and active member of the modding community. Many team members have been active in the Paradox Interactive community for years, contributing mods and tools dedicated to the company’s games. With Arsenal of Democracy, the team is aiming at creating the ultimate World War II simulation This is just the beginning of a new chapter for the team and represents a higher level of structured cooperation between passionate people to give the best possible experience to players.