· Berlin-based developer launches hit game worldwide in the App Store
· iPhone and iPad version of the classic social game introduced today in Paris
Paris, France - December 07, 2011 - Diamond Dash, the most popular arcade game on Facebook, is now available as a free download in the App Store. As of today, Wooga, the world’s third largest developer of social games, is offering Diamond Dash for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. This exciting game first launched on Facebook, where it has fascinated over 10 million people per month. Today, the company introduced the new mobile version live on stage at Europe’s largest Internet conference, Le Web in Paris.
Diamond Dash, Wooga’s exciting 60 second gem rush, challenges players’ reflexes to smash as many same colored gems as possible. Weekly tournaments allow players to compete for the highest score with their friends, and also reward the top 3 players with one of the coveted gold, silver or bronze medals. By linking the iOS version to Facebook and automatically synchronizing both, weekly tournaments are now available across multiple platforms.
Since its launch in March of this year, Diamond Dash has delighted over 25 million people and was honored in August 2011 with the European Games Award as best social game. It is currently ranked among the top 10 social games on Facebook.
In Diamond Dash for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, the graphics and controls have been optimized for the demands of mobile devices, giving fans the opportunity to enjoy the classic game while on the go.
For high-resolution images, the game trailer and to download the game:
- Automatic comparison of the score and social interaction with friends via Facebook Connect
- Available in 120 countries and in nine languages (German, Dutch, English, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish)
- Regular updates with new game content
Diamond Dash is now available as a free download for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.