STAMFORD, CONNECTICUT – May 13, 2013: Digital Tribe Games and XYLA Entertainment are thrilled to partner with ReverbNation to bring this unique offer to musical artists across the world! As someone whose major part of existence is to support the independent developer, we at Digital Tribe personally sought out ReverbNation, the leading platform for emerging and independent musical artists, to partner with.
" It was just a natural fit and they've been nothing but amazing to work with. I have been using RevebNation for years to find new music so when we picked up Rush Bros. they were the first place I wanted to go to."
- John Kaiser III, Digital Tribe Games
The Rush Bros. Beat Battle Event gives musical artists a chance to have their music featured in the upcoming game Rush Bros. – a pulse-pounding, music infused platform racing game that features single player and competitive multiplayer either split-screen local or online.
Imagine players the world over rushing through over 40 unique levels, bumping your tune, as they solve puzzles, overcome obstacles and gather power-ups in a race to the finish line. The game launches on May 24th with a major update planned for June 28, 2013 featuring a ReverbNation level and music by the five winners of the Beat Battle.
Desired Genres: Dub-step, techno, electro, chiptune, drum & bass, trance, electronica, pop, hip-hop, and heck anything with a sick beat to showcase in a future update to the official in-game soundtrack
Selection Criteria: Original music only. Must be a registered artist on ReverbNation.
Rush Bros. is a unique game where music directly affects the environment in which you compete. The Beat Battle is your chance to get one of your tracks featured allowing your music to reach a whole new audience.
How it works:
- Digital Tribe and XYLA Entertainment will go through artists’ press kits submitted through ReverbNation
- June 20th, the Rush Bros. dev team will then pick their 10 favorite tracks and post them on the official website to be voted on
- Urge your fans to listen to the music and vote for their favorite track on the official website
- June 28th, the top 5 tracks at the end of the poll will earn a spot in the next game update, featured on the game’s soundtrack and in an Exclusive ReverbNation Bonus Level!
- By submitting your presskit you are giving Digital Tribe Games and XYLA Entertainment permission to post the track to be judged on the Beat Battle page, granting them permission to use your name, music and likeness in any promotional materials and if selected granting them permission to include your track in an update of the Rush Bros. game at their discretion.
- You understand that submitting your press kit does not guarantee inclusion into the game
- You can only submit original works to which you own the rights
- If your music is selected to be included in a future update it may be removed in later updates to make room to showcase new artists
- You understand that there is no monetary compensation being asked for or offered in this event
MEDIA ASSETS: dtribe.me/RushBrosAssets
GAME WEBSITE: PlayRushBros.com
About Digital Tribe Games
Digital Tribe Games is an emerging indie publisher established to service the rapidly evolving digital distribution segment of the video game industry.
About XYLA Entertainment
XYLA Entertainment is an independent video games developer and publisher. Backed by a team of exceptional talent, XYLA focuses on bringing edge-of-technology gaming to today’s intelligent gamer. XYLA thrives on pushing the boundaries of entertainment industries, combining multi-platform technology and fresh, innovative ideas. With a clear strategy, and while being partnered with the best in the gaming industry, XYLA is emerging as a leading presence in entertainment business.
ReverbNation provides over 2.92 million music industry professionals — artists, managers, labels, venues, festivals/events — with powerful, easy-to-use technology to promote and prosper online. Our wide array of distribution and promotional solutions provide the hands-on tools and actionable insights that allow musicians and industry professionals to reach their goals in an increasingly complex music world. We operate worldwide with customers on every continent. In fact, over 20 million visitors come to reverbnation.com every month.