Prague, Czech Republic – April 5, 2012 – Lonely Sock, stemming out of Prague and consisting of a team of 9 gaming industry veterans from Disney Mobile as well as Electronic Arts, have just released their first casual game title for Android devices; Coral City, which plunges gamers into the vast ocean waters to discover a world unlike they've ever seen before.
The city-building game lets players dive deep underwater to the bottom of the sea to build their own oceanic city. Coral City sets out to captivate the hearts and minds of gamers around the world with lively characters, innovative gameplay, social features and colorful humor for all ages.
Players will be quick to notice that Coral City delivers a very original and cute art direction, which will set it apart from many other casual titles on the Android platform.
"With Coral City we set out to create a unique, fun and addicting casual title that beginners could pick up and enjoy right away, while delivering deep game mechanics for more experienced casual gamers," shared Juraj Chrappa, CEO at Lonely Sock. "Our team of talented developers and designers dove in deep and truly made the underwater world of Coral City come to life."
Notable Features Include
· Easy to pick up city-building gameplay
· Casual gameplay for rookies, deeper mechanics for experienced users
· Live underwater world with many cultural references and memorable characters
· Advanced graphics & animations making the most of mainstream devices
· Mainstream theme with unique & recognizable art direction
· Play for free, enhance gameplay with in-app purchases
· Offline mode for playing even without web access
· Advanced social features (coming soon!)
· Localization: English & Czech, (Spanish and more coming soon)
Resolution: 800 x 480
About The Company
Lonely Sock is a mobile social games development start-up based in Prague, Czech Republic. Android is the focus platform and freemium is the key business model. The team consists of 9 gaming industry veterans mostly from Disney Mobile and Electronic Arts. Lonely Sock raised $500 000 in funding from angel investor.