SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept 21, 2010: In an all-new, unparalleled music experience featuring 83 original, exclusive mixes that spin together 105 speaker-blaring tracks and club-shaking anthems from over 100 of the biggest artists in pop, hip hop and dance, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today dropped the needle on DJ Hero ® 2's full mix list that will transform living rooms into nightclubs with the best soundtrack in entertainment. Taking the soundtrack to "the most innovative and immersive music experience of 2009"* to the next level, when the party starts on October 19, budding beat chemists, singing sensations and all their friends will join together and experience these original, exclusive mixes such as Lady Gaga Mixed With Deadmau5, Iyaz Mixed With Rihanna, Eminem Mixed With Lil' Wayne, Kanye West Mixed With Metallica and a host of others magical musical creations. With in-game appearances, music and mixes from DJs keeping the speakers thumping in the world's hottest clubs, Deadmau5, David Guetta, DJ Qbert, DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip, RZA, and Tiesto among many others will start the DJ Hero 2 party off right.
To celebrate the debut of the full DJ Hero 2 mix list, beginning today video clips featuring the music from all 83 on-disc mixes will be available at http://www.djhero.com/en-us/games/mixes/djh2. Gamers looking to score any one of various exclusive bonus offers including a turntable controller bag by PUMA ® , 2 MP3s of on-disc mixes and character unlock cheat codes, can pre-order DJ Hero 2 in-store at retailers nationwide or online by visiting www.djhero.com/buy.
"Whether it's Pussycat Dolls Mixed With Pitbull, 2Pac Mixed With B.o.B., or a all-new remix of a Daft Punk anthem, in DJ Hero 2 we have created 83 mixes that are not only incredibly fun to play, but will allow everyone to experience the music they know and love in an all-new way," said Dan Neil, Music Director, FreeStyleGames. "The amazing soundtrack, coupled with the new social gameplay modes and all-new levels of creative freedom, make DJ Hero 2 the ultimate interactive music experience."
"The DJ Hero 2 soundtrack mixes together some of the biggest hits currently dominating airwaves including Eminem's 'Not Afraid' Mixed With Lil' Wayne's 'Lollipop,' Rihanna's 'Rude Boy' Mixed With Iyaz's 'Replay,' and an exclusive remix of David Guetta's hit 'Memories' featuring Kid Cudi, among a host of others and delivers new musical content only available in our game," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs, Activision. "Individually these songs create a massive soundtrack in its own right, but with the biggest DJs in the world mixing and mashing them exclusively for DJ Hero 2 we're delivering an all-new spin on this music in what promises to be the best soundtrack in entertainment."
With the highly skilled DJs and music producers at FreeStyleGames -- joined by Deadmau5, David Guetta, DJ Qbert, RZA, Tiesto and a crew of world renowned mixologists -- dropping the beats, everyone will have a chance to experience their favorite music like never before in the following mixes:
Produced and Mixed by A-Trak:
- <*>Justice - "D.A.N.C.E." Remix*> <*>Naughty By Nature - "O.P.P." Mixed With Jackson 5 - "ABC"*>
Produced and Mixed by Diplo:
- <*>Kanye West - "Heartless" Mixed With DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World"*> <*>Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor" Mixed With Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"*>
Produced and Mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff:
- <*>Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" Mixed With M|A|R|R|S - "Pump Up The Volume"*>
Produced and Mixed by DJ Qbert:
- <*>DJ Qbert - "Super Battle Breaks" Remix*> <*>Newcleus - "Jam On It" (DJ Qbert vocals) Remix*>
Produced and Mixed by DJ Shadow:
- <*>Kanye West - "Love Lockdown" Mixed With Metallica - "The Day That Never Comes"*> <*>Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West - "Put On" Mixed With DJ Shadow feat. Q-Tip and Lateef The Truth Speaker - "Enuff (DJ Fresh Remix)"*>
Produced and Mixed by Tiesto:
- <*>Adamski - "Killer" Remix*> <*>Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance" Remix*>
Produced and Mixed by Z-Trip:
- <*>Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock" Mixed With The Crystal Method - "Busy Child (Still Busy After All These Years Remix)"*> <*>Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On" Mixed With Dillinja and Skibadee - "Twist 'Em Out"*>
Produced and Mixed by RZA:
- <*>Damian Marley - "Welcome To Jamrock" Mixed With Walter Murphy - "A Fifth Of Beethoven"*> <*>LL Cool J - "I Can't Live Without My Radio" Mixed With Grandmaster Flash&The Furious Five feat. Melle Mel&Duke Bootee - "The Message"*>
Produced and Mixed by The Scratch Perverts:
- <*>The Chemical Brothers ft. Q-Tip - "Galvanize" Remix*> <*>The Prodigy - "Omen" Mixed With Orbital - "The Box"*>
Produced and Mixed by FSG DJs:
- <*>2Pac ft. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - "California Love Remix" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>2Pac ft. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman - "California Love Remix" Mixed With B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars - "Nothin' On You"*> <*>A-Trak - "Say Whoa" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Basement Jaxx - "Where's Your Head At" Mixed With Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix )"*> <*>BlakRoc ft. Pharoahe Monch&RZA - "Dollaz&Sense" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Calvin Harris - "I'm Not Alone" Mixed With New Order - "Blue Monday"*> <*>Daft Punk - "Human After All" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Damian Marley - "Welcome To Jamrock" Mixed With Dillinja and Skibadee - "Twist 'Em Out"*> <*>David Guetta&Chris Willis - "Love Is Gone" Mixed With Sam Sparro - "B&G" a/k/a "Black&Gold"*> <*>David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi - "Memories" Mixed With Pirate Soundsystem - "Bashy Bashy"*> <*>Deadmau5&Kaskade - "I Remember" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Deee-Lite - "Groove Is In The Heart" Mixed With Chic - "Le Freak"*> <*>Dizzee Rascal&Armand Van Helden - "Bonkers" Mixed With Basement Jaxx - "Where's Your Head At"*> <*>Dizzee Rascal&Armand Van Helden - "Bonkers" Mixed With The Prodigy - "Omen"*> <*>DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Edwin Starr - "War" Mixed With Justice - "Waters Of Nazareth"*> <*>Eminem - "Not Afraid" Mixed With Lil' Wayne feat. Static Major - "Lollipop"*> <*>Estelle ft. Kanye West - "American Boy" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Estelle ft. Kanye West - "American Boy" Mixed With Chic - "Good Times"*> <*>Flo Rida - "Low" Mixed With David Guetta vs. The Egg - "Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)"*> <*>Flo Rida ft. Will.I.Am - "In The Ayer" Mixed With Clinton Sparks, DJ Class,&Jermaine Dupri - "Favorite DJ"*> <*>Gorillaz ft. Mos Def&Bobby Womack - "Stylo" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Grandmaster Flash&The Furious Five feat. Melle Mel&Duke Bootee - "The Message" Mixed With Kool&The Gang - "Jungle Boogie"*> <*>House Of Pain - "Jump Around" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>House Of Pain - "Jump Around" Mixed With Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See"*> <*>Iyaz - "Replay" Mixed With Rihanna - "Rude Boy"*> <*>Janet Jackson - "Nasty" Mixed With Justice - "D.A.N.C.E."*> <*>Kanye West - "Heartless" Mixed With Lady Gaga - "Lovegame"*> <*>Kanye West - "Heartless" Mixed With DJ Shadow - "Midnight In A Perfect World"*> <*>Kanye West - "Love Lockdown" Mixed With Donna Summer - "Bad Girls"*> <*>Kaskade&Deadmau5 - "Move For Me" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Kelis - "Acapella (David Guetta Extended Mix)" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis - "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5 - "Ghosts N Stuff"*> <*>Lil Jon&The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins - "Get Low" Mixed With 50 Cent - "In Da Club"*> <*>Lil' Wayne - "Go DJ" Mixed With 50 Cent - "In Da Club"*> <*>Lil' Wayne feat. Static Major - "Lollipop" Mixed With Flo Rida - "Low"*> <*>LL Cool J - "I Can't Live Without My Radio" Mixed With Chic - "Good Times"*> <*>M.I.A. - "Galang" Mixed With Wayne Smith - "Under Mi Sleng Teng"*> <*>Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor" Mixed With Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"*> <*>Major Lazer feat. VYBZ Kartel - "Pon De Floor" Mixed With New Order - "Blue Monday"*> <*>Malcolm McLaren - "Buffalo Gals" Mixed With M|A|R|R|S - "Pump Up The Volume"*> <*>Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On" Mixed With Sean Paul - "Infiltrate"*> <*>MSTRKRFT ft. N.O.R.E. - "Bounce" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>MSTRKRFT ft. N.O.R.E. - "Bounce" Mixed With A-Trak - "Say Whoa"*> <*>Nas feat. Keri Hilson - "Hero" Mixed With Talib Kweli - "Get By"*> <*>Nelly - "Hot In Herre" Mixed With Warren G feat. Nate Dogg - "Regulate"*> <*>New Boyz - "You're A Jerk" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Newcleus - "Jam On It" Mixed With Donna Summer - "Bad Girls"*> <*>Pitbull - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" Mixed With Nightcrawlers - "Push The Feeling On (MK Mix 95)"*> <*>Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes - "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"*> <*>Robin S. - "Show Me Love (Stonebridge Radio Edit)" Mixed With Calvin Harris - "I'm Not Alone"*> <*>Salt N Pepa - "Push It" Mixed With Afrika Bambaataa and The Soul Sonic Force - "Planet Rock"*> <*>Salt N Pepa - "Push It" Mixed With Armand Van Helden - "I Want Your Soul"*> <*>Sam Cooke - "Chain Gang" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Sean Paul - "Get Busy" Mixed With Harold Faltermeyer - "Axel F"*> <*>Sean Paul - "Get Busy" Mixed With Rihanna - "Pon De Replay"*> <*>Snow - "Informer" Mixed With Jackson 5 - "ABC"*> <*>Soulja Boy Tell 'Em - "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" Mixed With Chamillionaire - "Ridin'"*> <*>Sparfunk&D-Code - "Apocalypse" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Stevie Wonder - "Superstition" Mixed With Edwin Starr - "War"*> <*>The Chemical Brothers ft. Q-Tip - "Galvanize" Mixed With The Chemical Brothers - "Leave Home"*> <*>The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Mase&Diddy - "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>The Prodigy - "Firestarter" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Tiesto&Sneaky Sound System - "I Will Be Here" Mixed With Tiesto - "Speed Rail"*> <*>Tiesto vs Diplo - "Come On" (Remix by FSG)*> <*>Timbaland ft. Drake - "Say Something" Mixed With Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West - "Put On"*> <*>Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson&D.O.E. - "The Way I Are" Mixed With Tiga - "You Gonna Want Me"*> <*>Tweet ft. Missy Elliott - "Oops (Oh My)" Mixed With Snoop Dogg - "Who Am I (What's My Name)?"*>
The ultimate mixer of music and friends, DJ Hero 2 will deliver the definitive way for players to come together and party with a host of new multiplayer modes -- including DJ Battles that pit DJ against DJ in mixes produced specifically for battle gameplay -- and invite vocalists into the spotlight with integrated on-screen singing and rapping of lyrics and rhymes while bringing the party to life with jump-in/jump-out Party Play gameplay. Featuring the biggest dance, pop and hip-hop hits by the hottest artists everyone knows and loves remixed by world-class DJ's in an all-new way, the game's soundtrack delivers 83 unique creations only available in DJ Hero 2 . Further immersing players into the music, the game offers a heightened level of creative input and allows everyone to add their own touch, directly impacting the beats they're spinning with freestyle scratching, crossfading and sampling. The game will also feature an all-new career-based Empire Mode where players start out as an up-and-coming DJ on the road to becoming the head of a major entertainment empire, all of which is founded solely on their success as a DJ.
Dropping on October 19, DJ Hero 2 will invite a wave of new digital disc jockeys to the turntables as the game will be available as a Party Bundle which will include a copy of the game, two turntable controllers and a microphone, offering the ultimate "party-in-a-box." Gamers who experienced DJ Hero ® , the #1 new videogame intellectual property of 2009, can pick up DJ Hero 2 as a Turntable Bundle featuring one turntable controller and a copy of the game or as standalone software. The game is in development by FreeStyleGames for the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION ® 3 and the Wii TM system from Nintendo. The game is rated "T" (Teen - Mild Suggestive Themes, Lyrics) by the ESRB. For more information about DJ Hero 2 , please visit www.djhero.com, www.facebook.com/djhero and www.twitter.com/djhero.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms, declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware (including peripherals) and related software, industry competition including from used games and other forms of entertainment, litigation risks and associated costs, rapid changes in technology, industry standards, business models including online and used games, and consumer preferences, including interest in specific genres such as music, first-person action and massively multiplayer online games, protection of proprietary rights, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, licensees, licensors, vendors, and third-party developers, including the ability to attract, retain and develop key personnel and developers that can create high quality "hit" titles, counterparty risks relating to customers, licensees, licensors and manufacturers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates and tax rates, and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities and potential challenges associated with geographic expansion, and the other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
DJ Hero and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo. All rights reserved.