For immediate publication
Roubaix , France – 6 th February 2013. Ankama, developer of the DOFUS and WAKFU MMOs among others, has revealed its intention as to the content it will add to its two main online games in the months to come. Updates with common themes will be added to the games, and the great plotline of the year will be the Krosmoz Vigilantes.
DOFUS and WAKFU players are presented with 4 main similar themes expressed in various content updates in the two MMORPGs:
· April: Frigost
Frigost is the great iced continent already introduced to DOFUS through two previous chapters. The long awaited episode 3 will be released to DOFUS players, including the precious Ice Dofus dragon egg and 5 new dungeons, one with the goal of defeating Count Harebourg himself! Meanwhile, WAKFU players will receive their first Frigost themed dungeons.
· June: Guild vs Guild system
DOFUS existing alignment system will slowly be replaced by a brand new one offering guilds the ability to create alliances with others and conquer villages, or declare war on each other. In the meantime, the great and long awaited Haven World system will come to life in WAKFU, giving guilds the possibility to gather resources and build their own piece of world.
· August: Wabbit island
DOFUS Wabbit Island will be revamped, with a new boss and new quests, while the complete island will be integrated in WAKFU.
· December: Krosmoz Vigilantes
Mystery flows over these new creatures which may be the only ones able to save the World from the Villains!
Apart from these four main DOFUS/WAKFU patches, players of each MMO will also have the pleasure of discovering game specific contents.
· February: 80 new trophies allowing for new gameplay experiences will be released.
· May: Players will be challenged to a multi-villain fight against the bosses of Frigost episode! An hard task worth an achievement or two!
· July: Vulkania seasonal island will be enhanced with several new achievements and new sets for high level characters.
· September: A new village full of resources will be released and ready to be conquered by the strongest guild alliance.
· October: Kolossium feature offering casual PvP fights will become an inter-server competition. New rewards and an extremely anticipated new pet you can ride will become available as well as a series of new achievements. The Merkator, a brand new villain from the sea where the Foggernaut class emerged, will also appear in the world.
· February: WAKFU players will be pleased to hear that the long awaited Masqueraider class will be released. A series of new dungeons will regularly be unlocked as well.
· March: A collection of new dungeons will be unlocked this month.
· May: The famous gang of Ultimate Bosses will welcome a new member: the “Dragon pig”.
· July: The Bilbyza Island and its King Gelly will be back in the game along with another Ultimate Boss known as “The Big Sandhill”.
· September : Someone must fight back the Villains who have been appearing in the World of Twelve. Captain Amakna will be the one!
· October : PvP system will be revamped.
Of course this planning is subject to changes according to possible development hurdles. But it promises 2013 will be the richest year in online game content releases Ankama has ever offered to its communities!
Halfway between video game and cartoon, DOFUS brings a whole new dimension to online gaming. With its manga-inspired graphics, gripping tactical game play and cutting humor, DOFUS has carved a place for itself alongside other MMORPGs and has already won the hearts of 50 million players worldwide. For more information, visit the official website: www.DOFUS.com
WAKFU is a transmedia experience comprising an animated series, online and console video games, and comic books. Each adventure is an original creation which can be lived separately, although the experience is richer if you explore various media! WAKFU transports its fans into the same magical, humorous universe as DOFUS, whilst adding notions of ecology and citizenship. For more information, please visit the official WAKFU website at www.WAKFU.com.