Roubaix, France – 13th April 2012 – Following the success of DOFUS: Battles, Ankama has developed a new style of gameplay for the sequel to its first strategy game for mobile devices: Tower Attack. The studio also wanted to pay tribute to one of the greatest names of the computer industry by offering a humoristic twist to his story.
One year ago, DOFUS: Battles brought the vibrant and dynamic DOFUS universe to the tablet and smartphone. With 300,000 downloads (purchased and free), this first game for mobile devices from Ankama proved a success, and so it’s only understandable that Ankama wanted to go above and beyond with its sequel... The second instalment continues the story from the first and offers a different concept from the classic Tower Defence gameplay. Gone are the days of defending a position; this time the aim is to attack, with the help of monsters, to reach a certain point, all in overcoming riddles along the way! The player, who explores the game as the first instalment’s evil villain, must tame creatures (by solving a puzzle) and then direct them with the help of basic orders (turn left, run, etc.).
The game will be available at the introductory price of €2.99/$3.99/£2.49 for iPhone and iPad users alike until midnight on Sunday 15 th April (Paris time). Thereafter, the game will be sold at the fixed price of €3.99/$4.99/£2.99.
Players will explore the game as Jeff Stobbs (the first instalment’s evil villain) who’s on the hunt for a mysterious, powerful artefact: the Golden Apple. His weapon? A tactile Slablet… His ammo? Zaplis that can be used to control his allies.
- 27 battles against a variety of characters from the 14 DOFUS classes and over 20 different monsters.
- 20 monsters to tame and control by solving the 20 corresponding Sokobans (Japanese puzzles).
More than 50 pieces of equipment for your allies. Transform your Gobballs into CyberGobballs and kit them out to make them even more powerful!
- 9 DOFUS zones to explore (or re-explore…?).
- 1 unique story; a totally wacky parable based on a story well-known amongst iPhone, iPad and iPod users… revisited and revised Ankama-style.
- 1 entirely new and innovative gameplay! Discover the RPG aspect which led to the success of DOFUS BATTLES… but forget Tower Defence; this time around, Tower Attack is the way forward!
- Compatible with Game Center.
4 DOFUS: Battles apps available from the App Store:
- DOFUS: Battles 2 Lite (Free - 480x320 - iPhone/iPod touch/iPad - first 3 levels including 7 battles, and first 4 monsters with their Sokobans)
- DOFUS: Battles 2 (€3.99/$4.99/£2.99 - 480x320 - iPhone/iPod touch/iPad)
- DOFUS: Battles 2 HD Lite (Free - 1024x768 - iPad - first 3 levels including 7 battles, and first 4 monsters with their Sokobans)
- DOFUS: Battles 2 HD (€3.99/$4.99/£2.99 - 1024x768 - iPad)
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
The minimum iOS requirement is 4.0.
Official site: www.dofus.com/dofus-battles-2
About Ankama Group
Ankama is an independent French group working within the entertainment industry, founding its development on a transmedia strategy by way of online games, publishing, animation, press, music, merchandise, toys, video games for next generation consoles and mobile phones. Ankama is developing its universe, the Krosmoz (which includes DOFUS and WAKFU) through these medias to create a complete, narrative, immersive experience. Ankama also supports artists creating their own universe through screenplay, television programmes, music albums, comic books and more.
Florence Di Ruocco