Roubaix, France– 13 May 2011– DOFUS: Battles, Ankama’s first iPhone and iPad game, is now available via the App Store.
In preview during the last Ankama Convention, the strategy game DOFUS: Battles will be released on the 13 th of May in English, French and Spanish. However, it is available in every country. This game is a blend of Tower Defence, real -time strategyand RPG. Offering a new and original adventure in the DOFUS universe, the World of Twelve, it hence uses thelocations, characters, monsters and equipments featured in the MMORPG as well as several new elements.
A fast-paced strategy game, mixed with RPG.
Jeff Stobbs and the demon Naz T Peasawerk are becoming increasingly powerful and their aim is to take over the World of Twelve. In order to stop them, players will have to fight hordes of bloodthirsty monsters in epic battles which will put their strategy skills and reflexes to the test.
In DOFUS: Battles, the player manages an army, composed of a dragon and twelve heroes representing each of the gods from the World of Twelve. Each hero possesses his own unique spell (an offensive or a supportive spell). Their characteristics evolve as the adventure unfolds and the player has the possibility to upgrade their equipments to make them more powerful. Animakhal, the dragon invoked by the gods, has a very particular ability: by cloning heroes, he creates soldiers who can be used to fight the monsters.
In DOFUS: Battles, you will find…
- The 12 classes of the world of DOFUS and characters whose characteristics evolve during the adventure
- One main game modefeaturing 28 levels
- 3 mini games:
· Reflexes / dodging (10 levels)
· Memory / rhythm (10 levels)
- More than 170 equipment items to personalise the heroes and make them stronger
- More than 80 different monsters coming from the world of DOFUS
- 27 different mapsdivided on 10 geographical areas of the World of Twelve: Incarnam, Astrub, Bonta, Brakmar, Imp Village, Bwork Camp, Otomaï’s Island, Pirate Ship, the island of Frigost (South and North)
- A compatibility with the Game Center (17 achievements to unlock)
DOFUS: Battles comes in a range of 4 applications on the App Store:
- DOFUS: Battles Lite(Free - 480x320 - iPhone / iPod touch / iPad– first 5 battles and first 8 character classes)
- DOFUS: Battles(€2,39; $2,99;£l,79 ; ¥350 ; CA$ 2,99; AU$ 3,99- 480x320 - iPhone / iPod touch / iPad)
- DOFUS: Battles HD Lite(Free - 1024x768 - iPad - first 5 battles and first 8 character classes)
- DOFUS: Battles HD(€4,99 ; $5,99 ; CA$ 5,99;£3,49;¥700; AU$ 7,99 - 1024x768- iPad)
The minimum version of iOS is the 4.0.
The official website: www.dofus-battles.com
Founded by Anthony Roux, Camille Chafer and Emmanuel Darras in Roubaix in 2001, ANKAMA is an independent group which produces digital creations and employs over 450 people. The international success of the group’s MMORPG DOFUS, with more than 40 million players, enabled ANKAMA to branch out into several related industries: online games, publishing, animations, web design, press, mobile phone services and video games for next gen’ consoles. ANKAMA is also developing WAKFU, a transmedia project composed of animated cartoon, video game, card game and comic book. For more information, visit our official website: www.ankama-group.com
Florence Di Ruocco