This Release's Tags
Apple, Casual games, Cell phones, Mobile, Mobile phones, Video Games, iOS, iPad, iPad App, iPad Games, iPhone, iPhone App, iPhone Games, iPod, ipod touch
New York, NY - February 23rd, 2012
Today, indie iOS game developer Blacktorch Games joins the budding game community by launching their first title, Don’ t Fry the Frog, for gamers and amphibian fanatics everywhere. Don’t Fry the Frog is a new mobile line drawing game for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. The game is a perfect pick-up-and-play for any mobile gamer with intuitive and easily accessible gameplay, and is free to download on the App Store.
Don’ t Fry the Frog revolves around Frog, an amiable amphibian with an insatiable appetite. As Frog travels around his pond looking for food, gamers will create a moveable electric current between their two fingers on the screen. Players must use the electric beam to zap bad flies while making sure to not shock Frog or any of the healthy flies. The game features different types of flies that have various positive and negative effects on Frog.
Don ’ t Fry the Frog features:
• Multi-touch - A unique control scheme lets players easily grow or shrink their beam to reach the flies. Keep contact with the screen for an increased point multiplier.
• Special Flies – 5 different types of flies must be zapped or avoided, depending on their attributes and how they affect Frog.
• Visit Zeke’s Hopshop – Earn fly pennies to spend in the Hopshop, unlocking new fly abilities and beams, as well as tools for Frog.
• Level-Up Leaps – Max out the leap level at 30 by zapping through all of the in-game challenges, earning fly pennies and new environments for Frog.
• Zap a High Score – Facebook and Twitter integration to notify friends when their high scores are leapfrogged.
Download Don’ t Fry the Frog today on the App Store by following this link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dont-fry-the-frog!/id498175623?ls=1&mt=8
The Don’ t Fry the Frog press kit is available here (71mb). The live game trailer can be viewed on the official YouTube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIpfGPlLu0&feature=youtu.be
For more information, visit:
• Website: www.blacktorchgames.com
• YouTube: Youtube.com/BlacktorchGames
• Facebook: Facebook.com/dontfrythefrog
• Twitter: Twitter.com/BlacktorchGames
About Blacktorch Games
Blacktorch Games is a team formed of current and former NYU Game Center students. After working with each other in game related classes at NYU, they realized how well they could collaborate if the group was put under strict deadlines and used a rapid, iterative development process. Leveraging these strengths, Blacktorch Games decided to focus on iOS games that they could polish, complete, and swiftly deliver into the hands of gamers everywhere.
Phillip Klugman, TripelPoint for Blacktorch Games