eSports fans around the globe watched over the weekend as eight of the world’s best StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty players competed at the Major League Gaming (MLG) Spring Arena 1 for nearly $11,000 in prizes. At the end of the three day competition, Korean player DongRaeGu (DRG) captured first place and $5,000 beating out MarineKing in the finals.
Spring Arena 1: StarCraft II – Final Standings
· 1st Place: MvPDongRaeGu - $5,000, advances to Spring Arena 2
- 2nd Place: MarineKingPrime - $3,000, advances to Spring Arena 2
- 3 rd Place: coLHeart - $1,450, advances to Spring Arena 2
- 4th Place: coLGanzi - $1,450, advances to Spring Arena 2
- 5 th Place: SK_MC, advances to Invite-Only Online Qualifiers
- 6 th Place: Empire_Violet, advances to Invite-Only Online Qualifiers
- 7th Place: ST_Parting, advances to Invite-Only Online Qualifiers
- 8th Place: EGHuK, advances to Invite-Only Online Qualifiers
The top four finishers, DRG, MarineKing, Heart and Ganzi will advance to MLG’s Spring Arena 2 taking place May 18-20 at the MLG Studio in NYC. The bottom four finishers, MC, Violet, Parting and Huk, will compete in the Invite-Only Online Qualifiers April 27-30 to secure spots at Spring Arena 2 where 32 players will battle for more than $26,000 in prizes and placement at the Spring Championship at the Anaheim Convention Center from June 8 -10.
Fans can watch all of the action LIVE online in HD by purchasing a Spring Season Pass for $30 ($15 for MLG Gold Members). Season Pass holders get full HD access to the Invite-Only Online Qualifiers , Spring Arena 2 and the Spring Championship.
Spectator passes for the Spring Championship are now available online and competitor passes will go on sale on Tuesday, May 1 at 7pm ET. Additional details will be released in the coming weeks.
ABOUT MAJOR LEAGUE GAMING:
Founded in 2002, Major League Gaming (MLG) ( www.majorleaguegaming.com) is the dominant media property exclusively targeting tens of millions of consumers worldwide who have a passion for playing video games as a competitive social activity. The company gives aspiring gamers around the world an opportunity to compete, improve their skills, and socialize through a thriving competitive community with more than 750,000 matches each month online and LIVE in-person Pro Circuit tournaments in cities nationwide. MLG broadcasts all Pro Circuit play via LIVE streaming online to hundreds of thousands of fans from more than 170 countries.