Tripwire Interactive and Power of Two are pleased to announce the first content updates for Dwarfs!? on Steam. After spending its first week at #1 in the Indie, Family AND Casual categories on Steam, Dwarfs!? is getting its first content updates - free to all who own the game, of course.
The team at Power of Two have been listening to the feedback on the forums and the additions are:
- <*>You can now move around the map with the arrow keys. Hold shift to speed this up. Zooming on the keyboard is now done with +/-*> <*>You can now jump to the main base with both F1 and the more intuitive Home key*> <*>You can now change resolution with the arrow keys as well as the dropdown in Options*> <*>Added an option for colorblind players which changes the colors of the in-game warnings to more trippy ones*> <*>Added a slider in Options/Gameplay that lets you increase the maximum zoom out level. Might affect performance!*> <*>Holes that sit on the mossy surroundings of your Town Hall will now be grown shut in time, regardless if lava or water is flowing down it or not! The only way to counteract this is to trap the cave which the hole is a part of. How long you have before the hole is grown shut depends on difficulty, with 10 seconds in T-Hardcore and 40 seconds on Easy!*>
The game is now available, along with the launch trailer and a free, fully-playable demo of the game on the Steam store page: ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/35480).
About the game
Dwarfs!? offers an addictive, fast paced arcade-like experience, with plenty of difficulty levels and game modes to play around in! In this game, your own Dwarfs double as your greatest asset and worst threat. They explore for you, they mine for you and they fight for you - but if you don't keep an eye on them, they'll do what they do best: die for you and take everyone else with them! Nothing in Dwarfs!? is free, though. To force your 'loyal workers' to do your bidding, you must cough up the gold. The same gold that might save your beard when someone, somewhere disturbs a Spider Queen.
Don’t be fooled– our Dwarfs may be tiny, but this game is full of features:
• Addictive Arcade Mode with four difficulty levels, ranging from grandma-easy to completely insane
• Base Defense, which is like Tower Defense, but you have a Base, not a Tower; and the tunnels aren't laid out for you - your Dwarfs dig them
• Rush Mode Survival, where the Dwarf spawning knows no bounds
• Dark Mode, where a fog of war prevents you from seeing beyond your caves
• Sandbox Mode, where you can basically do everything you ever dreamed of*
• Endless Mode, where you can keep mining forever, and ever, and ever…
• Challenge Mode, where you can put your overseer-abilities to the test
• Leaderboards and Achievements to show everyone the size of your beard
• ...and Zombies!
- <*>as long as you only dream of Dwarfs*>
To get your hands on Dwarfs!?, head for Steam, where it is available for $9.99 ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/35480). You'll also find the launch trailer there and you can download the game demo to try it out.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award-winning mod team and winners of the 2004 edition of the "$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal" competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive's debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including "Multiplayer Game of the Year" and "FPS of the Year" for 2006. Killing Floor, Tripwire's second title, jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. With some of the most-played PC multiplayer games on the market and over 1.5 million units sold on PC, Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. And if that wasn’t enough, Tripwire has now published Zeno Clash, The Ball, and Dwarfs, bringing more independent developers’ products to the world. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive's website at www.tripwireinteractive.com.
About Power of Two
Power of Two Games is a newly formed Game Studio located on Gotland, a small, sunny island off the coast of Sweden. As the name implies, Power of Two is made up of two people: one artist and one programmer. With simply brilliant and brilliantly simple ideas, such a team can do wonders– and we do! Cooking with ingredients like addictiveness, challenge and pure mad fun, Power of Two Games is the mortal enemy of boredom. To find out more, see the website: po2games.com.
You are receiving this email because you have either expressed an interest in Tripwire Interactive directly, or through the various shows that we attend. We use MailChimp so that we can provide the best way to manage our email blasts - and ensure that anyone added to our lists by mistake can quickly and easily remove themselves.