Valenciennes, France, 10 May 2012
e-virtuoses, the essential event for Serious game professionals, opens its doors this 23rd and 24th May at the Phénix in Valenciennes, north-eastern France. Event organiser the Grand Hainaut Chamber of Commerce (CCI) is today pleased to officially unveil the names of the 16 finalists competing for the “e-virtuoses Awards” 2012.
So which are the best Serious games of the year? All will be revealed on May 23rd.
Check out the nominated projects here: http://www.e-virtuoses.net/uk/the-awards.html
“The choice has been a difficult one for our jury, but the 16 candidates still in the running are going to ensure a lively contest,” said Sandra Faggioni, general commissioner of e-virtuoses.
The 16 finalists will each have five minutes to demonstrate their game in front of the jury of international experts, with the ultimate goal of taking home one of the four prizes to be presented at the Gala dinner.
Spotlight on the “e-virtuoses Awards” 2012 candidates
Category 1 finalists: Communication & marketing
-HappyLife - HumanoGames (France)
-Nutricia Soeperheld Game - MAD Multimedia (Netherlands)
-Genius, play the energy mix - Paraschool (France)
-Disney stars, l'agence virtuelle - KTM Advance (France)
Category 2 finalists: Training & education
-Ludwig - Ovos (Austria)
-Time Out - Zippyware (France)
-Juf-in-a-box - Ranj Serious Games (Netherlands)
-Kompany - Ouat Entertainment (France)
Category 3 finalists: Risk & crisis management
-Formation intervention incendie EDF - Real Fusion (France)
-Ce soir il conclut - Interaction Games (France)
-Agent surfire : insider threat - MAVI Interactive (USA)
-Wattou - Succubus Interactive (France)
Category 4 finalists: Serious games in production
-Asthmaclic - Interaction Healthcare (France)
-Pilot B2P - Interaction Games (France)
-The explorer and the mystery of the diamond scarab - MAD Multimedia (Netherlands)
-M comme Manager - Daesign (France)
The international jury
Tasked with assessing all the finalists at the Digital Workshops (Ateliers Numériques) on May 23rd, the jury is composed of independent experts from around the world including:
- Jon ARAMBARRI BASANEZ, R&D Manager, Virtual Ware, Spain
- Jacqueline CAWSTON, Programmes Director, Serious Games Institute (SGI), UK
- Daniel DARDANI, Technology Licensing Officer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Laure DUCHAUSSOY, multimedia representative, Direction Générale de la Compétitivité, de l'Industrie et des Services. France
- Molly KITTLE, VP Digital strategy, Bunchall. USA
- Sandy LOUCHART, lecturer, School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences (MACS), UK
- Valérie MAFFIOLO, 2.0 Customer relationship manager, Orange. France
- Mickael STORA, Scientific director, Manzalab. France
- Martijn VANGOGH, Innovation consultant, Syntens innovation network. Netherlands
- Michael POWELL, game Art Design, Faculty of Art Design Humanites, UK
- Jurriaan VAN RIJSWIJK, chairman, Games For Health Europe, Netherlands
# # #
Apply to attend the event and find out everything you need to know about the use of video games for training, management, sales and much more.
or +33 (0)1 84 2001 04
Created and initiated by the Grand Hainaut Chamber of Commerce (CCI), the e-virtuoses conference will take place on 23 and 24 May 2012 in Valenciennes, north of France.
For the 2012 edition, the event will offer buyers of Serious games in France and overseas, as well as decision makers from health, communication, human resources and any industry interested in video game innovation, the opportunity to grow their expertise, gain hands-on experience, and measure the real impact of Serious games.
Entry to the event is free. The event is financed by public bodies and the regional government.