E3 2011 Los Angeles, June 9th, 2011– Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Studios unravel more mysteries of the universe in a new gameplay trailer for Sword of the Stars II: The Lords of Winter, sequel to Kerberos' hit 4X science fiction strategy game.
Bigger, better, stronger, faster. Sword of the Stars II comes to your corner of the galaxy this autumn.
Check out the Sword of the Stars Gameplay trailer here:
- Lead one of six playable factions, including a mysterious new race with an influence that was felt throughout SotS I, as you strive for galactic dominance
- Discover highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts and different space terrain
- Experience 4X space strategy in stunning new ways with the powerful MARS 2 graphics engine
- Design and build your own ships - including the formidable new Leviathan class - with new levels of detail, including specific sub systems, allowing for more fleet strategies and tactics
- Research advanced technology, from the Fusion era to the Anti-Matter era, and beyond…
- Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter offers an evolved version of the original six races from Sword of the Stars and its expansions. The game will reveal the deep, dark secret of the Suul’ka.
Boasting an all new graphics engine and incorporating new ship details that allow for new fleet strategies and tactics, Sword of the Stars II is poised to revive the 4X space genre and is scheduled for release in September, 2011.