London, UK, 21 December 2009– Electronic Arts Ltd, the leading interactive entertainment software company, and Cancer Research UK today announced they have teamed up to encourage people to donate unwanted items to one of the the charity’s 600 shops across the country. In exchange, they will receive a 10 per cent discount off their next purchase from www.eastore.co.uk, EA’s direct PC download service. The promotion will run from 27 December 2009 until 27 February 2010,
As well as computer games, the campaign urges people to donate unwanted Christmas presents, clothes and accessories to Cancer Research UK shops. Profits from these will help fund research into a disease which affects more than one in three people at some point in their lives.
Shane Bellamy from EA Store™ said:“We’re really excited to be launching this collaborative campaign. The post Christmas period is renowned for the amount of unwanted gifts and other items that are thrown out. Instead it’s so easy to donate them to Cancer Research UK’s worthy cause and get discounted access to some of the best of EA’s PC games along the way.”
Simon Ledsham, Cancer Research UK’s trading director, said:“Each bag of items donated to our shops can be worth up to£30 for the charity. So campaigns like this are really important to us– donations from the public are the lifeblood of our shops. What’s great about this campaign is that people can donate, feel good about giving to charity, but get something back for themselves with the EA Store voucher too.”
EA Store provides the latest and greatest PC games from EA to download direct to your PC. Dragon Age™: Origins, The Sims™ 3, upcoming games to pre-order and an extensive back catalogue of games are available at the click of a button.
For more information please call
Sophie Orlando on 01483 463342 or email at email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
About the campaign
• No minimum amount will apply to donating goods. All donors are eligible to receive an EA STORE discount voucher
• Only one voucher will be issued per person, per visit with no minimum donation amount
• Customers will enter their unique voucher code into the EA STORE website on checkout of their product to receive their discount*
About Cancer Research UK
• Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research.
• The charity’s groundbreaking work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives. This work is funded entirely by the public.
• Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates double in the last thirty years.
• Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of more than 4,800 scientists, doctors and nurses.
• Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to beat cancer.
For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7121 6699 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org
About EA Games
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA™, EA SPORTS™, EA Mobile™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2009, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.2 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
*Value of discount will be deducted from your total order at time of purchase. Valid for new orders only. Discount is valid only on purchases from the EA STORE at www.eastore.ea.com. This offer expires on 27th February 2010 and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in the United Kingdom. Limit one offer per person. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, Dragon Age™: Origins, The Sims and POGO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners